Sign in to follow this  
mdmorgan

Herman Oak Craftsman sides

I was wondering if anyone has purchased the craftsman sides form Springfield leather. I know there will be flaws, but are they mostly O.K.? Will I be able to get good long straps out of it, or is it bad enough that it is best for small items? Would I be safer buying the $7.95 AB sides? Thanks for any thoughts you may have.

I bought some of those "$99 HO specials" sides from another supplier this summer and fall, and the ones I got then were better than any medium wt. HO I had tried in the past. We both kind of wondered why they were in that pile. I am sure mine were picked out, because the rep left and last ones weren't as good. Usable for the most part, but not the same as the others for sure. Kevin at Springfield has the rep for service. I am sure if you tell him what you need it for, he'll do his best to get the right one for you.

Howdy Guys

I talked with Luke and Vandy at Sheridan Leather. Luke told me they will be carrying that craftsman grade shortly. I think Luke said something about $90 a side. There should be some real good deals as the Sheridan Show gets near.

Happy tooling

Tim