Sixer

New From Missouri

Just wanted to make my introduction and say hi! I'm a complete rookie when it come to working with leather. About 2 weeks ago I stopped by the local Hobby & Craft shop where I picked up a bag of scrap leather and a few tools to get me started. The tool selection was pretty slim so I had to make due with what they had. My first two "creations" look like some kind of 3rd grade school project biggrin.gif

The last two holsters I made are actually not too shabby for scrap leather. I'm really enjoying my new found hobby and look forward to being able to make decent - nice holsters for myself and friends smile.gif.

I have since orderd some actual leather crafting tools and supplies, along with a good size piece of Hermann Oak. No turning back now!

Cheers

Welcome to LW, sounds like you are committed now. We all started as newbies one time and they all looked like 3rd grade art projects. You may discover that you enjoy this hobby so much that you will branch out to many other types of projects someday.

Hi Sixer, glad you found us. You're gonna like it here! Steve

Welcome to a great site! You will find lots of encouragement, help and ideas here from people of all skill levels. To borrow a phrase from one of my fellow guild members " Happy Tapping" Your Kansas Neighbor - Deb

Welcome to the Forum!

You are right, you are hooked! Let me know if we have to conduct an intervention, but I doubt that it will work!

Good luck.