Sign in to follow this  
steadybrook

16" Sewing Machines

Anybody using a Juki TSC 441 or Adler 205-400=40 16" sewing machine for saddles?I need some feed back on these machines.

Anybody using a Juki TSC-441 or Adler 205-400-40 sewing machine for saddles?I need some feed back on these machines?

2006-02-06_0021.JPG

post-11456-126590113353_thumb.jpg

I don't have either of those machines. But i do have a pro 2000 Juki. I've had about 15 years and i love it. Best money i ever spent.

I don't have either of those machines. But i do have a pro 2000 Juki. I've had about 15 years and i love it. Best money i ever spent.

Thanks ,I think that might be a previous model.Where did you buy it and does it mark the leather at all?

The Pro 2000 is still made. It has a longer arm and sews a little bit thicker material. Sometimes i twill mark the leather if it is damp but not bad. Every machine i have ever had or used maked the leather a little be it a foot or a roller presser foot. Good think is their are no feed dogs to mark it on the bottom. I don't think you find anybody's that doesn't mark it some. Their are a couple more people on here that have Pro 2000's maybe they will tell you what they think about it.

I got mine from Mast Harness but Weaver Leather bought them out a few years ago. Ferdco is the company that sells them and they have dealers in other parts of the US. www.ferdco.com is their website. Their super nice folks !!

Edited by dirtclod

I have had the 16" Adler for about a year and half now. Very good machine. After having the longer arm, it would be hard to go back to the 11.5". My machine is one that was stretched at the factory. They add 4" on the top and bottom to get the extra length. You can't really tell that it's been added on to until you look underneath. Not sure if the factory is still doing that or if they finally had casting molds made. I had one of the knock-offs for a short while and it did not compare to this machine. Even though I love the versatility of the Adler, I almost always end up at the Campbell when stitch appearance is the most important aspect.

Thanks Alot,I will check them out.I remember Mast.I bought a bunch of bells from them quite awhile ago.Did your machine ever need any parts?

I broke a tension spring and o ring on the thread winder inside the machine wore out. Undo 3 or 4 screws and the winder comes out slip the o ring on and it goes right back in. They took about 5 minutes a piece to fix. That's all i have had to do in 15 years.

I have had the 16" Adler for about a year and half now. Very good machine. After having the longer arm, it would be hard to go back to the 11.5". My machine is one that was stretched at the factory. They add 4" on the top and bottom to get the extra length. You can't really tell that it's been added on to until you look underneath. Not sure if the factory is still doing that or if they finally had casting molds made. I had one of the knock-offs for a short while and it did not compare to this machine. Even though I love the versatility of the Adler, I almost always end up at the Campbell when stitch appearance is the most important aspect.

Thanks for the reply,Where did you buy your Adler machine & have you had any issues with it?Is the campbell a cylinder machine?

I broke a tension spring and o ring on the thread winder inside the machine wore out. Undo 3 or 4 screws and the winder comes out slip the o ring on and it goes right back in. They took about 5 minutes a piece to fix. That's all i have had to do in 15 years.

Sounds like a pretty good machine.Do you use thread lube when you are sewing with it?I emailed Ferdco yesterday,but they have not returned my email yet.

I use thread lube quite a bit. Why didn't just call them they have a 800 number ?

I use thread lube quite a bit. Why didn't just call them they have a 800 number ?

I will call when I decide what to buy.