Sign in to follow this  
McJeep

Is Walt Ostin In Da House?

Soooooo I started out just going to a local leather wholesaler's place to chat about what he offered etc. Ended up chatting more about artisan machines and what he could get in for me etc etc etc. Nice guy, ancient Buick in the midst of restoration hanging from the rafters, lots of ancient machines in process of being rebuilt/restored. Real nice conversation - "may" just end up with a new machine ... if I can scrape the fundage together :0/.

He asked why I might be looking for one - being just a newb hobbyist etc. Told him I figured that if the economy was gpnna keep me unemployed for much longer, I might as well be doing something to keep me outta the pool hall and busy making "some" $. Asked him if he knew of anyone who needed an apprentice or such. He mentioned Walt Ostin, who apparently lives about 1/2 an hour away and does period holsters and gear. Googled him to find out that he's quote th individual. I think I'll be giving him a call tomorrow to go pick his brain if he can spare the time :)

Anyway, just sharing a relaxing leather'ish afternoon's events :)

Someone's gonna ask "which machine." Artisan 3200. I know there was a bunch of bad stuff going on a year or so ago regarding Artisan dealings, but this guy is one of their dealers and lives 10 minutes away and is a wiz with machines - I think those items alone might be enough to sway any decision that needs to be made. Always try to take care of local businesses first - lest they go under and I always need to travel long distances to get anything done/fixed.

Looking forward to meeting this guy tomorrow, or whenever I get to :)

Rob