Sign in to follow this  
azrider

Bible Cover

I made this for my Aunt as a gift. Its probably one of the better things I have made. Suggestions and feedback welcome.

Bible Cover 1.JPG

Bible Cover 2.JPG

Bible Cover 3.JPG

Bible Cover 4.JPG

post-7753-126730602437_thumb.jpg

post-7753-126730604658_thumb.jpg

post-7753-126730606222_thumb.jpg

post-7753-126730607367_thumb.jpg

Hi,

It's been a while since I've seen anything from you. But it looks like You're coming along pretty good. I see improvement with each new project. Your stitching is looking lots better,,, but You may want to work on the edges a little more. If You haven't seen it yet,,, Bob Parks, "Edges" tutorial will help a Lot! Keep up the good work! Ed the"BearMan"

Hi AZ rider;;

realy like the way you did the rose and the lettering also, as bearman said about the edges ,looking pretty good my friend ..Doc..

That looks real good, Adam. I'm sure she'll be proud to tote it around.

Thanks all. I have actually been making a lot, but haven't posted pictures of all of it. I also have this pesky job I have to go to every day that really cuts into my leatherworking time.

I will probably put a post up in the next few days with some pictures and questions on edging, so as not to hijack Bob Park's tutorial. Belive it or not, this has some of the best edges I have done. The hard part for me has been where the leather is glued together, and the glue sticks up. I don't use dye on them, mainly because I am not good at holding steady enough to avoid getting it on the surface.

I don't use dye on them, mainly because I am not good at holding steady enough to avoid getting it on the surface.

try using a sharpie if need be...

Edited by sodapop