Sign in to follow this  
LowRent

Introduction

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and say thanks.

I've done a small amount of work on straps and belts. I used a couple of online tutorials to get me that far. The product is/was okay. They could fill volumes with what I don't know about leatherworking (and they have).

I'm so green right now I typically can't even form and intelligible question.

I've already spent hours reading through the forums. They're packed with good info. Of course, so many before me have had the same questions. I've already been able to answer questions I didn't even know I had.

A sincere thank you to all who have been so generous with your time and help.

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and say thanks.

I've done a small amount of work on straps and belts. I used a couple of online tutorials to get me that far. The product is/was okay. They could fill volumes with what I don't know about leatherworking (and they have).

I'm so green right now I typically can't even form and intelligible question.

I've already spent hours reading through the forums. They're packed with good info. Of course, so many before me have had the same questions. I've already been able to answer questions I didn't even know I had.

A sincere thank you to all who have been so generous with your time and help.

welcome,

if you have any "libraries" in your area, try them. you know those buildings that houses those heavy things with lots of paper called "books". im being sarcastic here cuz alot of people are so into the www and e they forget that your tax dollars are still going to those things called "libraries". YOU pay for them, so i would use them.

if you are not aware, those libraries can "order" books/CD/DVDs for you from other branches from around the country? so if your local branch doesnt have it, but another one does, they could get it for you. Its just another resource that you can use, IF you choose to do so.

also, check out your local used book stores too. even the small hole in the wall ones. you never know whats on their shelf.

if you have any local colleges/community colleges, try their resources too.

yes, there is alot of info on here, but it doesnt compare to whats out there.

welcome.gif There is indeed a huge amount of information to go through here, but don't be afraid to ask questions!