Sign in to follow this  
druid

My First Rob Roy Style

Well, I found a good pattern with great detail and made my first RR style and I really like it. It's very plain because I'll be using it as a "side/back pouch" when I'm Bagpiping, so it's utilitarian in appearance.

The bag leather and gusset is black pig skin splits, finished on one side and suede on the other. The front reinforcement piece and back brace/front flap section was made from scrap I had laying around. I think it's 6oz leather and would have used something thicker, had I had any around...lol. I made the button from a Whitetail antler I had laying around and the cordage is black 550 paracord.

I used my Brother sewing machine for the entire bag and it went together very nicely.

100_7877.jpg

100_7878.jpg

100_7876.jpg

100_7867.jpg

100_7879.jpg

100_7880.jpg

100_7868.jpg

100_7875.jpg

100_7870.jpg

100_7874.jpg

100_7871.jpg

Nice sporran , good job.

Nice sporran , good job.

Thanks. I'm going to try another one when I get more pigskin but with a heavier flap that I can stamp and stain an opposing color and perhaps make it "removable" and "interchangeable" with other color/style flaps.

I have attached the .pdf file pattern I downloaded and used for the make. It's not my pattern and I don't remember where I found it to give them credit for it :(

5. Old Style Sporran Patterns.pdf

5. Old Style Sporran Patterns.pdf