Hi, again...

So, I've read about finishing processes in several posts and I've started several of mine. I was hoping to take this post on a different route.

Specifically...

Could you, would you, apply an acrylic and then apply a product like Angelus Lustre Cream? Or, apply a leather conditioner, the acrylic and then the lustre cream? I guess, would you apply an acrylic or bag kote or tan kote or any of the "sealer" finishes and then apply a wax/polish on top of that?

Or, are you defeating the purpose of anyone of the products by applying it over another? Should I just stick with the lustre cream/carnuba wax and be done. I'm just afraid it won't seal in the dye and give it a durable finish. I just don't like the finish look or feel of acrylic but I do like the durability.

I think it depends on the products you are using. At one time, I attempted to apply Leather Balm with Atom Wax over Bag Kote. The Leather Balm dissolved the Bag Kote, indicated by the dye color on the cloth. I quit combining what are both finishes.

After dyeing, I apply neatsfoot oil and then Bag Kote. If I really like the recipient of the holster, I apply a coat of Renaissance Wax and buff.

Jeff

OK. So, I rubbed in a small amount of neatsfoot oil, let dry for awhile, applied bag kote, dried and then applied Angelus Lustre Cream. I think I'm going to abandon the bag kote, acrylics, and tan kote. I seem to get a rougher finish when using those products. I was just using Fiebings Leather balm with atom wax for a while and like the results. I think I'm going to stick with that. I like the way I can get a really smoot glassy finish to the leather.

Does anyone know the difference between Fiebings Leather Balm w/ Atom Wax and Angelus Lustre Cream?