I'm trying to find a picture i can stamp into my solo seat for my bike. I'm not sure what t search for. What would look good on a motorcycle seat?

Thanks Donovan

If you're talking about transferring an image to your seat and then carving and tooling it, I'd suggest using a portrait of your favorite politician, ex-wife/girlfriend, or something along those lines.

This is a hard one. There's lots of skulls, dragons, and flying eyes. I think the Asian Koi Fish idea was brilliant. Coming up with something different, that takes frontal lobes! Sometimes it can be as simple as looking out the window, or you could spend days on the internet looking for that one thing that strikes your fancy.

If I were to do one today, I think I might look up some old woodprint engravings of Tradesman (i.e. blacksmith, cooper, etc). Anything iron or wheel related should look good on an "iron horse"

Donovan,

What you can place on any leather item you make can be as individual as you are. I, for example, would think sometimes words and phrases could be just as dynamic as a picture, but pictures also have strong points as well. For example, just a few ideas I thought of offhand :

choosing one of the seven dwarves, and then making him appear OPPOSITE his persona, ie. Grumpy holding a bunch of flowers, or Dopey, carrying a shotgun!

For words or phrases, perhaps tooling in the phrase "IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU KNOW WHAT MY A** SMELLS LIKE!" (just came to me, do this in a swirling pattern, getting smaller as you get to the center, so people have to get close to read it!!)

Skulls and dragons are classics as mentioned above, Maltese crosses, etc. I try to look for artistry and humor as these are two things I enjoy, but they have their place as well. Wait a minute, how 'bout this? Craft the seat to look like a toilet seat? Believe me, I am not suggesting these to be a wise guy, but, honestly, have you ever seen anything like what I've described? Just my thoughts on what I think might be cool, but it's all up to you. Hope this helps,

Woods

there are always some type of Border to do on your seats........

How about posting a few pics of your bike. Maybe we can all toss around a few ideas once we see the bike...

Edited by TroyS

I did my seat like an old western saddle, jut because I had never seen that on a bike before. (Of course I have seen a few since.) I also like some of the celtic animal patterns, like a boar or wolf, with a knotwork border. hmm, I may have to try that.