Sign in to follow this  
Mokosh

Hello!

Hello everyone!

I am super excited to find this website! I found you guys when I was googling info about a sewing a machine I just purchased. I was lucky enough, after over 2 years, to finally get the industrial walking foot I have been searching for! Seriously, I almost cried. I feel like I could sew anything (hopefully the cat stays clear of me!!)

I have been sewing most of my life and I come from a long line of women who like to take an art form and make it as complicated and detailed as possible, so needless to say I got hooked on leather working pretty quickly. I also have a background of about 15 years in beading and other forms of jewelry making. And I am one of those nutcases who is trying to make leather working their career. I sell custom corsets and also a whole lot of other accessories. Anyways, I'm really happy to be here and I'd love to learn more about various equipment as well as some techniques to mold thicker leathers like veg-tan while they're wet. Does this technique have a specific name?

Here's some of my work on the rather attractive Tamara Mitchell. Also feel free to take a look at some others I uploaded to my albums!

Thanks!

_MG_9858-Edit.jpg

_MG_9799-Edit.jpg

post-14805-127342983071_thumb.jpg

post-14805-12734299087_thumb.jpg

Very nice work Mokosh;; show's us not all leather work is saddles and belts HUH?? welcome to LW.net.and thanks for sharing with us..Doc..

Very nice work Mokosh;; show's us not all leather work is saddles and belts HUH?? welcome to LW.net.and thanks for sharing with us..Doc..

Thanks, Doc! I am definitely looking forward to pushing the limits of the craft with my new machine! yeah.gif

Welcome to the forums and I must say your stuff looks fantastic.

You take very good photos as well or your photographer does.

Welcome to the forums and I must say your stuff looks fantastic.

You take very good photos as well or your photographer does.

Thanks for the compliments. :)

Ah! Thanks for reminding me! These two photos were shot by Andrea Haley of Devyne Productions. It's good to have photographers as friends!

Welcome to LW and love your work! I always appreciate inspiration from other arts and artists. I guess I need to get started again on that corset I made to match the top hat that I made. :blush:

Hello everyone!

I am super excited to find this website! I found you guys when I was googling info about a sewing a machine I just purchased. I was lucky enough, after over 2 years, to finally get the industrial walking foot I have been searching for! Seriously, I almost cried. I feel like I could sew anything (hopefully the cat stays clear of me!!)

I have been sewing most of my life and I come from a long line of women who like to take an art form and make it as complicated and detailed as possible, so needless to say I got hooked on leather working pretty quickly. I also have a background of about 15 years in beading and other forms of jewelry making. And I am one of those nutcases who is trying to make leather working their career. I sell custom corsets and also a whole lot of other accessories. Anyways, I'm really happy to be here and I'd love to learn more about various equipment as well as some techniques to mold thicker leathers like veg-tan while they're wet. Does this technique have a specific name?

Here's some of my work on the rather attractive Tamara Mitchell. Also feel free to take a look at some others I uploaded to my albums!

Thanks!

Welcome to this site, nice work, but let me say one thing you can loose half your working day on this forum!!!! you have been warned..

Kind Regards, Steve.

but let me say one thing you can loose half your working day on this forum!!!! you have been warned..

So true... laugh.gif

Mokosh, welcome to the forums. It's great to see artisans who take leather in different directions, and I must say, your work is certainly unique!

Welcome to this site, nice work, but let me say one thing you can loose half your working day on this forum!!!! you have been warned..

Kind Regards, Steve.

Ha ha! I already have!