I just finished my second try at making an IWB holster for a Colt 1911. This one turned out a lot better than my first attempt. I got the stitching line much closer to the frame, altered the pattern so that I could include a molded-in sight rail, and moved the line around the trigger guard so it no longer touches the magazine release. The only thing I'm not really happy with is the stitching. I would have preferred the threads to stay a bright white so that they "pop" a little more. I think I may not have let the dye dry long enough before stitching this together and the thread picked up some of the dye or something.

Anyway, I wanted to share. Comments, suggestions and critiques would be appreciated.

IMG_2756.jpg

post-14512-127361594564_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good Kring. Nice boning and froming. Your right about letting it dry completely and then buff it out really good before you stitch and that should help relieve the problem.

What kind of thread are you using?

The thread is just some waxed polyester I had laying around. I don't think it is anything special. It is hard for me to let things dry. I just want to keep working on it--patience doesn't come easily to me. Maybe I should just get a bunch of them going so I can give things time to dry properly and still have another project to work on.

Looks very nice Kring, personally, I don't find the thread being the same color as the dye all that objectionable. Helps camouflage any misaligned stitching (?)

You have more patience than you think to have your boning look like that.....again, good looking job.