Sign in to follow this  
bitone40

Eco Flow - Coal Black Heads Up

hello guys and gals , long time watcher and finally posting . 1st of all I want to thank everyone for all the help you guys have giving me , even though you dont know it . I am a small time holster maker in the Houston Area and recently picked up some Eco Flow Coal Black on Thrusday from Tandy and I noticed it was a brownish color in my glass container , well it was black with a glolden swirl in it , I sprayed a test area and sure enough it was a very dark copper color with a very shiney golden finish, when I finally removed the haze it final color was a very dark brown , nothing like black , I talked with Tandy and I will be going back on Monday to see what happened , to me it looks like the black was contaminated some how, I just wanted to give you guys and gals a heads up on it . thanks for reading

BD

hello guys and gals , long time watcher and finally posting . 1st of all I want to thank everyone for all the help you guys have giving me , even though you dont know it . I am a small time holster maker in the Houston Area and recently picked up some Eco Flow Coal Black on Thrusday from Tandy and I noticed it was a brownish color in my glass container , well it was black with a glolden swirl in it , I sprayed a test area and sure enough it was a very dark copper color with a very shiney golden finish, when I finally removed the haze it final color was a very dark brown , nothing like black , I talked with Tandy and I will be going back on Monday to see what happened , to me it looks like the black was contaminated some how, I just wanted to give you guys and gals a heads up on it . thanks for reading

BD

i just recently bought some i also have a iridescent gold finish on the leather, i have not sheened, looks kinda neat, but not black

i just recently bought some i also have a iridescent gold finish on the leather, i have not sheened, looks kinda neat, but not black

For what it's worth, I have stopped using any of the Tandy dyes etc. especially the Eco stuff. Their stuff isn't what it was years ago. I now use only Feibing's Pro Oil Dyes and their finishes. For black I have recently made my own jug of vinegaroon and it seems to be doing the trick.........it's an ancient way of coloring leather, but what the hell.........I'm old too. I'll give a go at making my own brown dye from walnut hulls a little later in the year, but that's more an exercise in my education than a serious need to use the stuff. Mike