I would love to show some pictures but for the life of me I cant get them to upload. Could someone help me with that.

Please email me and help me out.

Thanks

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...amp;hl=pictures

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/How-to-uplo...st-t185663.html

You can do a search to find this topic

I got this from another post. It helped me figure it out. (I am tech challenged.)

Crystal

I tried to do it that way and it tells me that the file is to large. I am only trying to upload one picture I dont understand how it is to large.

I tried to do it that way and it tells me that the file is to large. I am only trying to upload one picture I dont understand how it is to large.

Someone more computer savy please jump in here...

Go to your photo program and do a resize on your picture - reduce the pixel size. Resave the pic with the new size. See if that helps.

MS Powertoys Image Resizer adds a right click option to your image files that allows you to reduce one or many pics in a couple of clicks.

Irfanview is a free full graphics editor that lets you resize, crop, add text and lots more.

Pics work best in the forum at 600X800 (or less) resolution (how big the pic appears on the screen) and between 100-300K (actual file size). Huge pics might be necessary to show extreme detail, but they can be a hardship to the viewers with slow or pay-by-the-minute connections, so try to use discretion when posting.

Johanna

Hopefuly this helps. As a person on dial up, the size makes a difference if I click or not. I can still see 100 kb pictures nicely, but I rarely try anything over 500 kb. It is just too slow.

I occasionally have trouble getting images to upload too. Sometimes it's a simple issue of the file size being too big- try going into Paint or whatever photo editing software you've got on your computer, and reduce the image size by half.

But when it just won't work and I'm getting annoyed because I can't figure it out, I go to a photo upload site and put my pictures up there, copy their URLs, then insert them using the little "Insert Image" button below the font box when I start a new topic.

Hope that helps!

Oh also another way to reduce image size is just to save it in a different file format. If you've got a bitmap image (ends in .bmp) that's going to be a way bigger file size than a JPG, GIF or PNG image. In my experience though, when you're changing file formats, JPGs and GIFs usually distort the image. So usually if I want to reduce file size without messing up the image or making it smaller, I resave it as [file name].png and that generally reduces it by a third at least. But you can't just add .png to the end of the file name because that'll either do nothing or corrupt the file- assuming you have Windows, open the image in Paint, click Save As, and go through the list of file types until you find Portable Network Graphics (*.PNG), and that should do the trick.

Can anyone else smell the smoke? I think 'ol Chinkmaker is probably havin a a melt down after that last post. LOL Aint technology great?

haha sorry... I was definitely a computer nerd until I discovered leatherworking...