Sign in to follow this  

Is anybody else making or working on tuckable IWBs? What kind of attachment system(s) are you using?

Tandy sells the basic clips that most of the less expensive IWBs use, but nothing designed to be tuckable.

Does anybody else sell appropriate hardware?

Comptac makes a good one...

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=81

I have seen other holster makers use it as well.

Kydex works well too, and has the advantage that you can make your own. Kydex can break if flexed too far beyond it's molded shape, though if it's not abused this will likely never be a problem.

Another option is to sandwich the metal type belt clips between two layers of leather of approx belt width, then connect it only near the bottom of the holster . If you study the construction of this holster...

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=24454

... you'll get the idea.

Comptac makes a good one...

http://www.comp-tac....?products_id=81

I have seen other holster makers use it as well.

Kydex works well too, and has the advantage that you can make your own. Kydex can break if flexed too far beyond it's molded shape, though if it's not abused this will likely never be a problem.

Another option is to sandwich the metal type belt clips between two layers of leather of approx belt width, then connect it only near the bottom of the holster . If you study the construction of this holster...

http://leatherworker...showtopic=24454

... you'll get the idea.

I'm working on a design very similar to the second example.

Thanks for the information.

here are some that I have made and are completey tuckable

baby eagle IWB 2.jpg

1274840492090.jpg

I have one more for a bersa that I made for myself and ill get a pic of that up here , I can tuck a with a tee shirt on all three and can even tell , can only see clips ( if your looking )

bd

post-14807-127605375867_thumb.jpg

post-14807-127605377937_thumb.jpg

here are some that I have made and are completey tuckable

baby eagle IWB 2.jpg

1274840492090.jpg

I have one more for a bersa that I made for myself and ill get a pic of that up here , I can tuck a with a tee shirt on all three and can even tell , can only see clips ( if your looking )

bd

Where did you get the clips?

Where did you get the clips?

the ones for the revolver are a modified black metal clip from tandy and the other one for the baby eagle is the same exact clip unmodifed from tandy also they cost a buck and a half each

I've used the plain clips from Tandy, mounted with a small leather "washer" between the clip and the holster to make room for tuckability (is that a word?), but it isn't great. I'm now using a sandwich of the clip between leather or a the leather tabs with leather snap loops at the top. The real challenge is making something that's sturdy enough to hold up to repeated drawing - the leather sandwich tabs need to have strong reinforcement to maintain their strength.

I've used the plain clips from Tandy, mounted with a small leather "washer" between the clip and the holster to make room for tuckability (is that a word?), but it isn't great. I'm now using a sandwich of the clip between leather or a the leather tabs with leather snap loops at the top. The real challenge is making something that's sturdy enough to hold up to repeated drawing - the leather sandwich tabs need to have strong reinforcement to maintain their strength.

Having gotten through my first J-Frame pocket holsters (see other thread), I had enough time to resize and reprint my pattern and glue it to cardboard. I think it's going to work, although I'm thinking about adding another 1/2" to the width, to allow for different guns. I tried the pattern on my ex-boss's Springfield XD9 and it was JUST big enough. I need to streamline things a bit too. I think my mounting design will work alright. The first time I tried it as a prototype, I glued together two 1/8" thick strips, which I think may be too thick for comfort. One strip will probably work with another shorter piece glued and sewn on to retain the clip.