Slickbald

Kingmax Vs Artisan Vs Cobra...

I have had several people come to me in the last few months claiming to represent "the largest sewing machine factory in China" - aren't they all? Naturally their Beautimoment or whatever brand is the best ever built and all made in house so if I want to succeed then I must order an FCL of their machines. When they claim they are the only builder of something like the GA3 (18-1) and want twice the going rate for a machine I can buy in small quantities from several suppliers I ask them why. They claim that the other factory stole their design!

Piss off and leave me alone is now the standard answer.

Even someone like Juki only makes a small percentage of their parts. Any Chinese supplier who claims to make everything and be the "only true manufacturer" of a particular product is full of it :)

For sure, no doubt 100% correct. A lot of this came about when Japan had that Tsunami a few years back and people were scared that our suppliers were going to be shut down for months/years. None of this came about, but, it did come out how many different suppliers were supporting major brands in Japan; the numbers were into the 1,000s. Like said, nobody makes everything under one roof, and people who think so are kidding themselves.

Even if the Kingmax is that good 2500 is a standard price for the heavy stitchers, and you can get a Cobra for that. So a no name is not attractive at that price. Depends on the work one does, but fairly minor details can make a significant difference, so this time around I went for Cobra. I had a techswew that was really well made sewed a great stitch, but it was really bad at doing the work I do, and the ads said it did. I would have bought the new one, it looks great, and the quality was there with the one I had, but even minor differences in what they think a person wants the machine to do, can be deal breakers for users. I knew the Cobra would do it. Now I spend 95% of my time working leather, the sewing just passes through the machine. It's sorta like "what do I have this machine for, I never use it". That smooth.