A couple of pictures of the item currently in progress are attached. This is a 22 inch diameter shield with the Ramsay clan crest. Front is sun tanned, oiled 6/7 oz vegtan & the back is 4/5 oz vegtan, likewise sun tanned & oiled. The decorative nails on the front are hand forged iron, each 1/2 inch in diameter. The core is 3/4 inch exterior grade plywood. Handmade steel 'U' bracket are on the back to receive the arm and hand straps, which are yet to be completed. The finish is Aussie Conditioner by Fiebings. I may put on a layer of neutral Kiwi polish as a final finish coat. This item will decorate the front of the clan booth at Scottish festivals I attend. Please ignore the toes of the silly old man seen in the bottom corners of the first picture.

Jim

post-6157-127828468607_thumb.jpg

post-6157-127828471097_thumb.jpg

As always JD, you do very precise and beautiful work!

As always JD, you do very precise and beautiful work!

Thank you, Wyvern. Do you by chance make it to the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games? I wanted to go this year, but the day job is acting like a jealous mistress at this time, among other issues. If you get there, please stop by the Ramsay clan booth and tell them I said hello.

Jim

nice job like it

nice tooling

That is simply amazing! Great job!!!

Nice work, and well done for using the actual clan badge, not the arms of Ramsay of Ramsay as so many people do in that sort of situation.

Lovely work! Fantastic.

Nice work, and well done for using the actual clan badge, not the arms of Ramsay of Ramsay as so many people do in that sort of situation.

Thank you. We are aware that the coat of arms is the property of the Clan Chieftan, and should not be used without his permission. Even the Clan Crest without the belt and buckle surrounding it should not be used. As a member of the clan, I am allowed to make use of the crest that includes the belt that surrounds the crest. This is my understanding.

nice job like it

nice tooling

Thank you. This is the second Targe I've made. The first was for a fellow Clan Ramsay member who lives in N.C.

That is simply amazing! Great job!!!

Thanks. Once the leather gets in one's blood, it's all over. :)

Lovely work! Fantastic.

Thank you. If anyone sees something that can be improved upon, please let me know. I already understand that the picture taking skills could improve by keeping the feet out of it.