coiledup

The Tool Fairy Visited Me Today

Was talking to my Mom on the telly the other day and told her that I am doing leather work. She said, "really that's great". I know, I figured shed be jumping for joy, I know I was. I guess it's not as exciting to some, can't understand how though. So we finished our monthly you don't call enough, but your brother calls at least once a month talks, I said goodbye. Meanwhile back at the ranch. This morning the door bell rings. After corralling the dog's, and throwing on something suitable to answer the door in. Sorry probably TMI for some. There stands the mail lady with this huge box and I had to sign for it too. She says whoever sent it had it insured. So after insuring it wasn't ticking, I had the wife open it, hey you can never be too careful. Inside is a note from my mom that read, Your father was into leather working before I was born, He passed a few years ago. And in the box is a huge and I mean huge assortment of carving tools, probably 100 or so, Jackpot. Thanks pop's. Just thought I would share, made my day. Gotta love the tool fairy.

Scott

Now THAT is cool!

Awesome!

Enjoy and make him proud.

While I am delighted in hearing of your gift.

From another site that I frequent--THIS THREAD IS NO GOOD WITHOUT PHOTOS. Show us the tools and what you make with them!!! Make him proud.

Best of luck.

Fred

What a blessing! Your father would surely be proud of you putting those tools to work. I know my father in law (still living) loved passing along some wood shop things to me that I am making use of in leatherwork.

That's a neat story. Treasure those tools.

Ok thanks for all the replies. I have pictures now, and have a few projects in the works. I am working on a shotgun bag as we speak. There were a total of 89 tools in the box, and some I still cant find descriptions for, but will keep looking. I will get a lot of use out of these. Happy leathering.

Scottpost-15357-127860080739_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860069283_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860072477_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860074131_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860075713_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860077552_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860079034_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860083352_thumb.jpg

Even if you don't start calling your mom more often, it seems you might want to call her and say thank you.

Sparks

Ok thanks for all the replies. I have pictures now, and have a few projects in the works. I am working on a shotgun bag as we speak. There were a total of 89 tools in the box, and some I still cant find descriptions for, but will keep looking. I will get a lot of use out of these. Happy leathering.

Scottpost-15357-127860080739_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860069283_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860072477_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860074131_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860075713_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860077552_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860079034_thumb.jpgpost-15357-127860083352_thumb.jpg

That's awesome! I'm sure your Dad would be proud to know you are making use of something he once used!

Cool. Now what did you learn from this? CALL your Mother more often. What would have done if you found out she had sold them to someone else, because you hadn't TALKED to her in time???:head_hurts_kr:

Secondly, CALL her up, and tell thank you very much. You may also want to make her something with the tools.

Does you Mom have anything that your Dad made? You may want to CALL ,and ask.

My Mom is gone, but I do have the tools she used, and some of the things she made. Those tools will never be sold by me. My Mom was the one that got me started in leatherworking many years ago.

Oh, almost forgot. CALL your Mom.

What a great gift! Not only call her, but make her something with the gift! :rolleyes:

I just want to add...........call your mom.