hylander

Pinking Punches

I am looking for straight pinking tools similar to this one. Does anyone have a source for these? I have only been able to pickup old punches and was hoping to find a source for new pinking punches.

Much thanks in advance!

Picture1.jpg

I am looking for straight pinking tools similar to this one. Does anyone have a source for these? I have only been able to pickup old punches and was hoping to find a source for new pinking punches.

Much thanks in advance!

Picture1.jpg

Mid-Continent has two different ones. About $100.

There is Japanese character that has them on e-bay but they are shipped from Japan. They would probably be over $100.

Abbey Leather in UK has Dixon. They are about the same price as Mid-Continent by the time you pay all the shipping.

The tools I am referring to are Pricking Irons. You do not punch the leather all the way through with them. They are for marking so you can hold the awl at the exact angle and spacing.

Different tools for different spacing.

ferg

Yes, I have seen those. I am actually looking for the pinking irons that cut through the leather. Thanks for the leads!

I think Green Man Forge would be able to help you. I have their 1 inch scalloped pinker, and it cuts cleanly on everything from light weight boar suede up to 5/6 ounce veg tan. Their standard cutters are $40, though I don't know what the custom prices would be like.

For pinking straight cuts on garment type boar & cow leather, I use Olfa roller cutter blades from the local fabric store. They aren't the best with fuzzier leathers like elk--but it sure is easier than pinking shears.

http://www.greenmanforge.com/

Edited by PhoenixNest

Thanks for the Olfa info, I wondered how those would do on leather.

I emailed the Greenman over a month ago and never heard back. Did you contact hin through the email on his website?

Cheers,

Kerry

I think Green Man Forge would be able to help you. I have their 1 inch scalloped pinker, and it cuts cleanly on everything from light weight boar suede up to 5/6 ounce veg tan. Their standard cutters are $40, though I don't know what the custom prices would be like.

For pinking straight cuts on garment type boar & cow leather, I use Olfa roller cutter blades from the local fabric store. They aren't the best with fuzzier leathers like elk--but it sure is easier than pinking shears.

http://www.greenmanforge.com/

Kerry,

I emailed Greenman Forge with no response either. I now notice his email is NOT listed with his contact info. I was able to talk with him and order over the phone. I talked with him Thursday or so, he said he'd make the tools I wanted over the weekend and mail them early next week--tomorrow or so.

Green Man Forge

1143 Bleistein Street

Cody, WY 82414 USA

Phone: 307.272.9368

Sparks

Edited by Sparks

Thanks for the info! I'll be giving him a call next payday.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry,

I emailed Greenman Forge with no response either. I now notice his email is NOT listed with his contact info. I was able to talk with him and order over the phone. I talked with him Thursday or so, he said he'd make the tools I wanted over the weekend and mail them early next week--tomorrow or so.

Green Man Forge

1143 Bleistein Street

Cody, WY 82414 USA

Phone: 307.272.9368

Sparks