Rod and Denise Nikkel

Who's Going To The Wichita Falls Show?

Well, Rod and I have decided to travel WAAAAYYYY south to the Wichita Falls show the first weekend in October. Anyone else planning on going?

I am going as usual and I believe that Allen (Big Papa Leather) will accompany me again. I have put out a ride invitation for Clay, but not sure what his plans are. There is another guild memeber that will be going as well. Hope to see you there! It should be too hard to miss us.......we'll be dressed in our usual 'Urban Cowboy' attire........................shorts and a t-shirt~ stop and say hello....see you there.

Denise,

Well I guess that I will have to make it this year since you two are heading south of the border.

Regards,

Ben

Well I'm not ruling it out totally yet. I have never been and really want to go but I'm going to OKC for a class in September and I'm not sure I can swing both trips. If I do decide to go, I would love to meet you. Did you ever develop your saddle tree workshop?

Ann

Looking forward to meeting lots of people we haven't met before. We should be easy to find as we will be having a booth there.

Any suggestions on good hotels to stay at or other information about the show?

Ann,

No, we haven't been able to work out the tree seminar idea yet, though it still is on our "we'd like to do this sometime" list.

Hey all, I will be there as well, please come and visit with me. Thanks, Steve

We stay at the Holiday Inn across the highway from the convention center? Some or most of the vendors stay at the holiday within walking distance from the center. I cannot remember the name off hand, but I am sure a couple of vendor here will speak up......if not, I can look it up and will know when I see the name.

Since you are coming from north of our border. If you need anything or information that I can supply you here in Texas.....Just drop me an email and consider it done!

Good luck

That hotel that king x is refering to is the howard johnso0n on broad st very close to the mpec center where the leather show is held.

steve

Im planning on going and hopefully will bring a few friends with me....not sure if we will stay for both days or just make the trip for one. Id really like to get together and meet with as many of the forums members as possible. Maybe we can try and plan to get dinner together one night

CW

That's it! Howard Johnsons. I heard just one complaint from a vendor last year about that hotel. Most if not all vendors and participants will probably stay there. My hotel you would not like. It is 3-4 blocks from the center and very, very quiet! Just the way I like it. It has a bar, restaurant and other amenities. Last year we were entertained at the bar......we were able to get together with a few other philanders of leather. We shared some stories and tricks!

I hope to see as many of you forum brothers and sisters there! Just look for the 'Urban Cowboys' (in shorts and t-shirts).....we won't be hard to find in the sea of wranglers, boots and hats! Trust me.....Rawhide pick me out from one row over!

Good luck

That's it! Howard Johnsons. I heard just one complaint from a vendor last year about that hotel. Most if not all vendors and participants will probably stay there. My hotel you would not like. It is 3-4 blocks from the center and very, very quiet! Just the way I like it. It has a bar, restaurant and other amenities. Last year we were entertained at the bar......we were able to get together with a few other philanders of leather. We shared some stories and tricks!

I hope to see as many of you forum brothers and sisters there! Just look for the 'Urban Cowboys' (in shorts and t-shirts).....we won't be hard to find in the sea of wranglers, boots and hats! Trust me.....Rawhide pick me out from one row over!

Good luck

I'll be there and can't wait to meet some people.

Hi Smokin',

You are replying to a thread from last year, however, it will do just as well this year. I'll be there in and around the Cobra Booth. Drop by and see Steve's new shoe finisher, it is really a piece of work and not that expensive. Steve will also have a surprise that will drop a few jaws. Artisan will not be there, you can pretty much stick a fork in them.

anyone else that's going chime in; maybe we can meet up for dinner at the Golden Coral or another place.

Art

I'll be there and can't wait to meet some people.

Hi Smokin',

You are replying to a thread from last year, however, it will do just as well this year. I'll be there in and around the Cobra Booth. Drop by and see Steve's new shoe finisher, it is really a piece of work and not that expensive. Steve will also have a surprise that will drop a few jaws. Artisan will not be there, you can pretty much stick a fork in them.

anyone else that's going chime in; maybe we can meet up for dinner at the Golden Coral or another place.

Art

Hey all, yes I will be there with (as Art says), a big surprise. I will be right in front where Artisan used to be. By the way, has anyone seen any Artisan banner ads lately? Steve

Edited by Cobra Steve

Me and mine plan on making it up and over there. Figure it's just a couple of hours away and should be able to help me get back into this rabbit hole even further.:thumbsup:

(don't look for purple, the hair is currently just brown. lol)

Edited by OrchidNoir