post-8191-076203700 1280859831_thumb.jpg

This is a ankle holster I made for the LCR. I used 6-7 oz HO for the leather. I backed with the fake wool and used 2" elastic and a velcro attachment. I like the way it turned out, other than, I put a little to much cant on the gun. With boot cut or loose pants there will not be a problem (this what MR. Customer wears). Any thought or comments are welcome. Thahks for looking. Jeremiah

post-8191-056273900 1280861114_thumb.jpg

Here is another pic. This is of the elastic. Does anyone know if this would work for a glock or would the gun be to heavy. I have had good reports on how these holsters hold the gun. I wear the LCP in this style when clothing will not allow for the 1911. Thanks again for looking. Jeremiah

IMHO, this looks very nice! I think the wet forming is excellent.

Is it too late for a pic of the back?

This is the back. I think I like the natural wool better, it just feels softer. Thanks for looking, Jeremiah

post-8191-039301400 1280939760_thumb.jpg

post-8191-056273900 1280861114_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know if this would work for a glock or would the gun be to heavy...

Assuming you mean if molded to fit, it might work for a G26/27.

What's the weight of the LCR?

That is a very nice job. The Ruger LCR is a natural for ankle carry, boot carry, or pocket carry since it is so light in weight.

Back in my narc days I carried two S&W Model 36 Chief Special revolvers, one in each boot. I later carried one in an ankle holster as a back up gun. I think that the Model 36, at about 24 ounces loaded, is about as heavy a piece as I would want on my ankle or in my boot. The Glocks, even the mini-models, get pretty heavy with a full magazine.

As a point of reference, when I bought my two Model 36 S&W's on a letterhead law enforcement purchase they were delivered to me for a total of $92 and change! Anyone care to guess how old I am?

Best regards!

About my age I would say, Lobo. When I bought my first 1911 it cost $200 and that was with a OWB and 4 boxes of ammo included!

Tip

And I am probably older. Never could wear the ankle thing. And my 16" high boots are hard to pull up the pants leg to get to the gun.

Very nice work.

Hicks, . . . ya done a good job there pardner. I am not a fan of ankle carry in any form, . . . but yours is the pattern I have made before for others, . . . who do seem to like them.

And, . . . just as a comment, . . . I much prefer the real wool, . . . the synthetic stuff feels like a Walmart bag on my skin when it gets all hot and sweaty.

And, . . . Well, Lobo, . . . we're probably about the same age, . . . because I remember complaining like the devil, . . . I bought my 4 inch Python for $160, . . . and they wanted $190 for the 6 inch model, . . . and I got all miffed and didn't buy it.

Would I ever like to go back and re do that decision.

But anyway, . . . I'm saying late 60's, . . . early 70's, . . . still in the prime.

BTW, . . . you do know that since God told Noah that man's life would dwindle down to no more that 120, . . . that that makes 60 middle age.

Just a little note there to help your day.

May God bless,

Dwight

Good job on the holster. I like the real wool, too. Glocks are definitely too heavy for ankle carry, unless your leg is about6 inches b igger than normal. I wear high boots, too, but in all my boots I sew a strap inside to carry a Colt Detective Special. It may take a little time to present, but I always have the backup (my Training Officer taught me that one years ago).

Tip