Buddytink

Edge Bevelers

Im having a hard time deciding on what size edge beveler I should buy. Im going to be making horse tack (bridles, breast collars, bronc halters).

Different makers and makes are sometimes slightly different even though the number is the same.

I would start with a # 2 and #3 keen edge beveler from Tandy. They work fine and should handle the thicknesses that you are going to use the most for your projects.

I have a #1 and have never used it and it was the most expensive. I'de be glad to sell i if anyone wanted it!!

pete

Im having a hard time deciding on what size edge beveler I should buy. Im going to be making horse tack (bridles, breast collars, bronc halters).

In my opinion you will need a variety of sizes depending on what you are making. I keep everything from a #1/2 to a #3 in 1/2 size increments on my bench. I probably use the #1 thru the #2-1/2 the most. I like Gomphs the best but the old Osbornes are proabably just as good. Bob Douglas makes a terrific line of edgers as does Barry King, Bob Beard. Ron's edgers are very good also. Bob Douglas can also supply you with the old Gomphs and Osbornes. If you think you are going to be doing leatherwork for some time then I would recommend spending the money on the higher quality edgers. If this is just a hobby for fun you might want to start out with the Tandy edgers until you decide wheather or not you want to do this seriously.

Bobby