Maricopa

Just Joined

Hey all, just checking in. I started leather working, mostly holsters and belts around 25 years ago and let the hobby drop over the years. I'm a guitar builder and decided to dust off the old gear when my daughter decided she wanted a tooled leather pickguard for an electric I'm making for her.

Looking forward to many evenings of browsage as I check out the great work you folks do!

Cheers, Mike

Welcome Mike!!! Lot's to see here. We can't wait to see the stuff you make...INCLUDING THE GUITARS!!

Welcome Mike!

You'll find a lot of good work and helpful people here. Enjoy!

Thanks for the welcomes.

Here's a couple guitars.

A koa and spruce acoustic (also for my daughter)

Koa12_3:4.jpg

And a couple customer guitars. This was made for the lead guitarist for Iggy and the Stooges.

Ash_final2.jpg

And this is a tricone resonator made for lap style playing.

enchilada.jpg

Those are really nice Mike.:You_Rock_Emoticon: I am a woodworking enthusiast as well. Not even close to the craftsman you are, but I enjoy it. Do you make and sell them? I have a friend at work that plays guitar and is interested in a custom made one.

:welcome: After seeing those beautiful guitars, I can't wait to see what you can do with cowhide!

Thanks again. Tom, yes I build 4-6 a year, not my main job, just an overgrown hobby.

After a couple minor efforts at rebuilding my leather skills I'm not too impressed with myself. rolleyes2.gif

I never did much carving, more basket weave and other stamping, but I didn't recall it being so difficult. That's why I came here!

Holy crap! Iggy and the Stooges?!?!? Awesome! What's the story behind that guitar?

Welcome to Leatherworker.net!

Nice looking guitars, and don't worry about the leather- you'll remember it, and then things will begin to flow.

Holy crap! Iggy and the Stooges?!?!? Awesome! What's the story behind that guitar?

It's James Williamson, the original guy that just rejoined them. I had built him a lap steel before even finding out who he was so-to-speak. The black guitar he bought was one I made on spec and he snapped it up as soon as it was done.