Vaquero1

8 Bight 9 Part Pineapple- Need Help

I hope no one's getting tired of Pineapple Knot pics. lol

A while back I made another 16p x 16b, 2 pass, Type 1 PK key fob in Univ. of FL Gators colors. I used Cross Lace cord throughout. I started with the 4 strand round braid that is joined together at the base with a constrictor knot. Then I passed the ends through a 5/16" drilled hole in a 20 mm round wooden bead and tied an 8 strand Mathew Walker knot. The ends of the cords have a sort of half round ball on their ends from burning with a lighter.

This PK is dressed extremely hard and tight. It feels like a rock and almost everyone that holds it comments on how hard it is; one co-worker even asked how rope can be so hard. lol

gatorpkfob.jpg

And another one with just a simple loop.

blackandbluepk.jpg

Here's another shark tooth trophy key fob using a 9p x 8b Turks Head for a base knot. You can pick sharks teeth up off the beach at Venice Beach here in Florida all year long.

The core is a 3/4" wooden ball for the 16 part x 16 bright 2 pass Type 1 Pineapple Knot in the back of the 1st picture. The 8 strands coming from the Matthew Walker knot are fed thru 8 different 1/8" holes drilled thru the top of the ball and out the sides. I pulled them as tight as I could, cut and then burned the ends of them slightly larger than the holes to keep them from pulling back thru. There is a 5/16" hole drilled for the 8 strands in the top but the bottom by the shark tooth has a slightly larger 3/8" hole. l used some epoxy to lock the tooth in place before tightening up the PK around the core. This is tied really tight in black and red Cross Lace cord and is hard as a rock.

small2.jpg

small1dw.jpg

small3f.jpg