Hello all. I am running into the problem of having a lot of left over belly. I buy HO sides and make mostly holsters and gun belts. I was wanting to what do you all do with the left overs. By the way it is about 1/3 of the hide I am stuck with. I do not want to use this for holsters due to the stretch factor. Thanks JH

I have the same problem with a side of Live Oak from Tandy Leather. I've decided that I will look at double shoulders and see if I can get 7-8 oz leather in that.

I really like using HO and right now all I can get is a side. When I started I used double shoulders, but that was mexican tanned stuff. JH

don't know if HO will do it, but i use W/C and they sell single backs (sides without bellies) and they come really nice with very little waste.

Tony

I am intrested in buying bellies. If you would sell them what is your price? How much sq ft is each belly? 7/8 oz? How many do you have? Please provide a picture. Emial me at below address if intrested.

Edited by wwwrmbbladescom

I am intrested in buying bellies. If you would sell them what is your price? How much sq ft is each belly? 7/8 oz? How many do you have? Please provide a picture. Emial me at below address if intrested.

Just for kicks what do you do with the bellies.JH

For my belt leather I've started ordering backs so I can forgo the extra bellies. I'm thinking of doing similar for my holster leather.

I should have bellies as well. I'll see about getting them in order and sending you details. No use the stuff sitting here when they can be getting used.

Bellies can be used for all kinds of neat stuff. Knife sheaths, Butt covers, archery bracers, pocket quivers are just a few that come to mind.

I've got one I Wish I could get rid of

charlie

Springfield leather will cut shoulders out of there sides! then you don't have all that waste!

The title of this thread reminded me of this pic. :blink:

post-15912-038409300 1284848190_thumb.jp

I don't like to use the bellies for much of anything. I the ones I have seem to be very porous with a lot of grain texture. I do have 2 boys that use a lot of scraps to make stuff for their mom. I buy all my leather form springfield leather, I think from now on I will see about them cutting off the bellies. I just hate paying for something that won't get used. And as bad as the latest bellies were I can't even make something for myself out of the. With the way the economy is I need to save as much as I can. Thanks for sharing your thought and the picture.JH

I've got one I Wish I could get rid of

charlie

:NEWFUNNYPOST: Me Too!

Another option is to donate them to a BSA troop, Merit badge counselor, or summer camp. Then you can write them off as a donation. I know when i was a MB counselor at a summer camp we were always trying to scrounge leather up.