Here is my latest knife sheath. I think it will work well for the guy as this is how he wanted it. I would love to hear any opinions on what might work better. I was able to use up some scrap HO on this one.

Mark

post-9505-069359700 1285593492_thumb.jpg

post-9505-004678500 1285593750_thumb.jpg

post-9505-047493900 1285593814_thumb.jpg

post-9505-006352000 1285593878_thumb.jpg

Mark,

That's pretty nice.

The only thing you might consider on the next one is making the brand darker so it stands out more. From a short distance most people won't even know it's there. Just a thought.

I like the way it sits on the belt.

Casey

Mark,

That's pretty nice.

The only thing you might consider on the next one is making the brand darker so it stands out more. From a short distance most people won't even know it's there. Just a thought.

I like the way it sits on the belt.

Casey

Casey

I did do that after I took the pictures and it sure made it pop. I had just oiled it in those pictures so oil dyed the brand.

Here is the final product.

Mark

post-9505-085100700 1285610947_thumb.jpg

Your right, it sure made it POP! Looks real good.

HI Mark;

Very nice work on this....I am impressed with detail and care you took in making it

...Doc...

Very nice. I like the design.

Mark,

Nice design..... the customer should like it. I like the design A LOT.

I have one comment about the offset of the pattern. It is a little nit-picky but the knife offset to the pancake isn't the same all the way around the knife. It is slight but it shows up.

Regards,

Ben

Mark,

Nice design..... the customer should like it. I like the design A LOT.

I have one comment about the offset of the pattern. It is a little nit-picky but the knife offset to the pancake isn't the same all the way around the knife. It is slight but it shows up.

Regards,

Ben

Thanks Ben I did see that after I was done. I had tried to keep it but lsoe it some how. I was useing some scraps and it was a little softer , and did have a little trouble with cutting it out. I needed to find some firmer leather for it.

Mark

Thank to all for your comments.

Mark

Mark,

You probably already thought of this but you might rough size the pancake; attach the knife portion and then final cut the pancake portion using dividers or something for the line. Since you stated it was soft that may be how you did it anyhow. The best laid plans sometime go astray. Still looks nice and yes the darkened brand does add to the punch.

Regards,

Ben

Mark,

You probably already thought of this but you might rough size the pancake; attach the knife portion and then final cut the pancake portion using dividers or something for the line. Since you stated it was soft that may be how you did it anyhow. The best laid plans sometime go astray. Still looks nice and yes the darkened brand does add to the punch.

Regards,

Ben

Ben

That was what I did I shaped the part that is tooled let it dry the re wet, it tooled it then sewed it to the next piece. at that point cut a shape that I liked and that was to keep the same shape as the top piece. I then sewed that to the piece with the belt slots. the middle piece was really soft and flanky

and did not cut as well as it would have if a firmer piece .

Funny how I was on the same page as what you described just lost it in the execution. Live and learn.

Thanks for the comments. I like to here about things like this, makes me try harder.

Mark

Mark,

The best laid plans....... I understand all too well!

Sometimes on the flanky stuff I use an arch punch or the round strap end punch to make the cut versus a knife. I have seen several saddlemakers do that as well even on firm leather. Many of them say it's faster on inside curves to do that and then cut away from those curves. In fact I was just reviewing Jeremiah's tapes with a friend this weekend and he did the same thing on some rigging.

Regards,

Ben

Edited by gtwister09

Ben

I have those DVD's and have done that on somethings but for get about it most of the time. I have not got a lot of strap end punches but do have rounds that I could use.

Thanks for the reminder.

I am working on another one now so will try it out.

Thanks again

Mark

What was your stitch spacing and thread size on this? Maybe I'm lacking a sense of scale but the stitches look tiny! Looks great.

What was your stitch spacing and thread size on this? Maybe I'm lacking a sense of scale but the stitches look tiny! Looks great.

Eric

I use a Boss stitcher and am using 277 size thread and about 10 stitch's/ inch.

Mark

The first thing I noticed was how smooth you got the edges of the leather. What did you use to do this? Sorry I am a newbie and wanting to learn. Other than that to me your project looks perfect.

Rickey