Sign in to follow this  
sheathmaker

Florida Bound

These are the first three of a six sheath order headed to Florida. I'll knock out the rest tomorrow and mail 'em Monday.

100_0077.jpg

Left to right...Ostrich Knee (or front of leg)..... Ostrich Leg.......... Baby Sting Ray

Paul

Edited by sheathmaker

Very nice bud, very nice....

Who makes the knives? the knife maker send the knives to you, you make the sheath and then ship to the customer?

Paul, you do make some very impressive sheaths. The inlay work you do is very nice, and again I have to comment on the way you do the lining. Great work.

Ken

Paul those look amazing!!!! what dye did you use? I'm new to leatherworking and cant really identify the types by looking.

Thanks

Eric

Paul,

They look very nice. My son was admiring them GREATLY. I like the flow of lines around the inlays. The tooling complements the ostrich knee quite well.

Regards,

Ben

Pail,

Very nice job on the sheaths. I really admire your inlay work.

Randy

Paul those look amazing!!!! what dye did you use? I'm new to leatherworking and cant really identify the types by looking.

Thanks

Eric

I don't use any dye. That is Wickett and Craig leather in chestnut (darker brown) and russet (lighter "natural") and black. All are colors pre dyed at the tannery. They carve, tool, oil, and finish just like natural veg. tan. The black is the least desireable when it comes to carving or stamping, but it's passable.

Very nice bud, very nice....

Who makes the knives? the knife maker send the knives to you, you make the sheath and then ship to the customer?

The knives come from all over the US and International from the makers and from individual owners. I do sheaths for probably thirty custom makers on a regualr, and repeat basis, and countless individual owners. I did about 575 custom sheaths in 2007.

Paul