billymac814

Anyone Want To Sell A Few Thumbreak Snap Things.

I'm making a holster soon that needs one of those thumb break snap things that looks like a squared off oval, I don't do these that often at all, and I haven't found them other than in large quantities or I found another place but they claim 45 day ship time. If anyone would want to part with 1 or a few I can paypal the cost of materials and shipping, I'm sure they'd go in an envelope without a problem.

My email is mccabescustomleather@yahoo.com

Billy

Thanks, I seen that one but it says at the top the ship time is 45 days maybe that just applies to holsters? I'll see if I can contact him

Thanks, I seen that one but it says at the top the ship time is 45 days maybe that just applies to holsters? I'll see if I can contact him

Call Marianne at JRM Products (jrmclips.com) and she'll hook you up. She's a really nice lady, and the prices and quality are excellent. If you need one faster than she can get them to you then I can send you a couple, but I still advise you order some--they're great!

I am betting that a punch out tab from the back of a computer case where peripheral ports are added could be used in a pinch, just knock off the edges and drill out the holes where needed. 

Edited by Reaper

I make my own out of .06 kydex. Easy to do, and there's never a possibility of it rusting.

I make my own out of .06 kydex. Easy to do, and there's never a possibility of it rusting.

That was my original plan, I figured it'd be easier to buy some.

Did you get your Boss yet?

I'm using Kydex also personally, I was just thinking of something that might be on hand and would work. Actually working on a speed rig made from combining Kydex and leather right now.

I'm using Kydex also personally, I was just thinking of something that might be on hand and would work. Actually working on a speed rig made from combining Kydex and leather right now.

I agree with using what's on hand, I have kydex so I may go that route, I did however talk to the guy at high desert and I'll probably order some off of him beause I want to get some of those snap covers anyway. I just figured if I could get some easily since they are cheap it would save me a bit of time.

I actually think Id like kydex over metal though but for 50 cents I'll Oder a couple and see what they look like.

Did you get your Boss yet?

Yep, my friend w/ the gun store (place where I'll be making most things) called and said it arrived last night a little before five. Unfortunately, I'm out on the road, so I won't get to see it until the weekend.

:specool:

BOSS looks to be a damn good machine...

Thanks. Well, let's get this thread back on track......apologies for the unintentional hijak.

Anyone else have suggestions for thumb break tabs?

I've made my own from some leftover stainless steel at work. I'll probably go with kydex or buy them in the future.

Bronson

Thats ok, I think I initiated the hijacking. I contacted High Desert but I haven't heard back since I placed the order. If he doesn't return my email in a day or two I won't worry about it and make some out of Kydex, actually at this point I"m more interested in the snap covers, but if I order them I'll order the spring things too.

Now back to the Hi Jack

Have fun with your new machine. I'm sure your weekend will be exactly like mine was last week, sewing together every scrap in sight. Hopefully yours won't be quite as frustrating as mine was. My new needles came in today along with a lifetime supply of thread( at least it looks like it'll last forever) I haven't tried them yet, but I'm hoping it works better than it has with the correct needle. It's not quite the same as a nice saddle stitching done by hand, but I'm at the point where I have more orders than I can possibly handstitch. Well I probably could have, but I found myself not wanting to do certain things because of the stitching required. I now can stitch my small bodyguard holsters in less time than it used to take me to taper the ends of the thread and thread the needle.

I'm making a holster soon that needs one of those thumb break snap things that looks like a squared off oval, I don't do these that often at all, and I haven't found them other than in large quantities or I found another place but they claim 45 day ship time. If anyone would want to part with 1 or a few I can paypal the cost of materials and shipping, I'm sure they'd go in an envelope without a problem.

Billy

Ship time for holsters is within 45 days, do it yourself parts ship time is one week. Thanks Tim www.highdesertleather.com

Billy

lists large quantities on website, call them and they will send you what you want. they take paypal

www.jrmclips.com

Edited by zookeper