Patricia

Hello

Hello my name is Patricia (Patty to my friends):cowgirl:

I was suffing around looking for a place to get help with my leather work when I found this forum on google. This looks like a great place.

I was introduced to leather craft when I was a teenager living on my Aunt and Uncles ranch in South Dakota. There I enjoyed spending the winter months in my Uncles workshop watching him work on a saddle he was making. He would give me scraps of leather and let me use his stamping tools to make designs. That was some 35+ years ago. Havn't been much into it up until about two years ago when my husband bought me a leather craft kit from Tandy. I have been tooling away ever since. I have mostly been making Check book covers, Cell phone cases, key fabs, card cases and wallets. I have also made some photo album covers, spur straps, dog callors and a belt or two. I have also made several guitar straps, rifle slings and even a couple pick gards. Most which I have sold.

I would like to move on to making some saddle bags and eventually get into saddle making and repair.

I read several of the posts on this forum and decided this would be a good place to get help with the many questions I have.

So here I am. I hope I don't boar you with too many stupid questions. You all seem to be very knowledgeable.

Patty

Edited by Patricia

Welcome Patty!

Sounds like you'll fit right in fine. Hope you have a great time...and there is the requisite "Show us Pictures!.

Welcome Patty. You'll find that Leatherworker.net is a wonderful place, and we'll be happy to help you with your addictionhobby

Welcome to the forum Patty and greetings from Central Texas!

The only stupid or boring questions are going to be the ones that you do not ask! So sit back take a look around the deep corners around this site and enjoy! Were sure glad you are here!

Enjoy!

:thumbsup: Thanks all. Glad to be here. I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how. ADDICTION! LOL LOL I am pretty sure I have it, along with my other addiction. I Belong to HA Horses anonomus. That is a support group made up of my firends. We are sapossed to be talking each other out of buying more horses and horsey stuff. But more often then not we end up acompanying each other to horse and tack sales. lol lol I will have pleanty of questions about leather. and yes I will make good use of the search feature. I don't want to end up asking questions that have already been covered in other topics.

Here are some links you can check out.

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/patriciapotvin/

This one is my photo bucket. I haven't add any new pics in a while feel free to check out what I have.

http://www.kinkrest.com/

This one is a link to my saddle club to which I have recently been elected secretary.

http://www.northernkettlemorainehorsetrailassoc.org/index.html

This one is to the horse trail association that I am an active member of.

Look forward to meeting everyone.

Edited by Patricia

%3ca%20href=

Here are a few pics of my stuff.

strapdragon.jpg">Guitar Strap I made for my husband.

%3ca%20href=strapwolves.jpg">Guitar strap I made for someone online.

%3ca%20href=bragbookmarefoal.jpg">Photo album

%3ca%20href=cbcassorted3.jpg">check book covers

Hi Patricia ,

I love you're leatherwork , looks great.

Here an other horse lover, spending a lot of time with the horses .

Learned a lot of leatherwork here and still have a lot to learn.

Looking forward to see more of you're work.

Thank you

Hi! Love your work! I'm new also and recently got started through a Tandy craft kit also. It is very addictive isn't it?