DoktorPsych0

Bra And Corset Questions.

My girlfriend is wanting a bra and corset so I suggested making both of leather. The design for each is fairly simplistic but i'm not sure of what materials to use and how to get everything put together. My two main questions are: 1) Has anyone ever tried to make a hunting corset out of leather/ if so are there any pointers. and 2) what would be a good interior for the bra (I have already figured out how to make the bra itself, I just don't want it chaffing her raw).

Any help on either portion would be greatly appreciated. For the time being I'm waiting on my leather to arrive so I can at least have the bra ready for this weekend. (Using 6-7oz Tooling leather for the sturdier support and that I will be putting designs into the bra)

Thank You ahead of time,

Chris

PS. the other reason I'm using the 6-7oz is because i plan on setting up the bra to be corset style (almost as an extension to the corset itself) with lacing in the front and back. I don't have the money for the rivets, tools, time needed to get good enough at setting them before when it needs to be ready (three days with only a few hours a day to do the bulk of the work). Thinking ahead and will add rivets when i get the chance.

Edited by DoktorPsych0

Leather doesn't bend well in three dimensions, so you're going to need to cut darts (little triangles) out of the cup area and sew them up to get a "cup" shape if you're using tooling leather.

I'd suggest you line the cups with rabbit fur or sheepskin.

Search for " leather corset", I believe 'cambriolle' (sp?) leather was recommended as a liner due to it's softness.....and you are right, you DO NOT want it chaffing her.

Thank you for the suggestions. I was thinking rabbit fur as the liner but i think sheep skin would work better. What about Deer?

Deerskin or fur-on hide? Deerskin's pretty soft, but not as soft as wool or rabbit fur. Fur-on deer hide isn't particularly soft, it feels like a shorthaired dog to me.

deerskin. i'm a bit apprehensive about using rabbit fur because of the possibility of overheating her. it could work too well as an insulation.

I made a pouch out of hair on deer skin one time and the hair will get in your clothes and itch you to death when you cut it. The hair is kinda stiff even though it doesn't feel that way.

If i was going to use deer i would use just skin no hair. It looks to me like any good soft tanned leather would be fine for the lining as long as it's not thick. Good luck on your project.

Edited by dirtclod

Nothing saying that you can't use something like silk to line with for either item. Washing will need to be addressed, maybe have the linings removable, so that they can be tossed in the washer.

I like the idea of the removable lining. another idea i've been toying with is making it able to be worn both during summer and winter seasons so having an interchangeable lining would allow for a thinner or thicker lining when needed. this might be a fairly long project due to only being able to work on it at most an hour or two a day a few days a week.

Also, i will try to sketch out the ideas for both parts and upload them here as soon as i get a chance. My sketches usually include a lot of detailed wording to explain parts and zooming in on areas that are too small to make out in the normal sized sketch so once i get it all uploaded, it makes it easier to critique and tweak as needed. colors not withstanding, of course.

Til then,

Chris

Edited by DoktorPsych0

Anyone else notice that there hasn't been any women posting on this subject? :P

not til now. but that's really interesting. huh

hury up on posting the sketches i am looking at a leather corset my self. The hard thing is there is no pattern for it and i dont like to where a shamese under my hunting out fit.