Joeg

Cfda Compliant Holsters

I am looking for a pattern, or a source for a pattern, for a CFDA compliant holster. I've done several that are adequate but I'd like to improve upon them. Any information would be welcome and most sincerely appreciated.

Lets see....

Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance

Council of Fashion Designers of America

Cowboy Fast Draw Association

California Funeral Directors Association

Chicago Furniture Designers Association

Colorado Funeral Directors Association

Connecticut Funeral Directors Association

Carboxyfluorescein Diacetate

Assuming Cowboy Fast Draw, I have never seen a pattern published. The best I can think is to get one and learn from there. I've done a couple many years ago, but all I did was make a high rider with TG exposed and lined with tin, the holster was canted rearward a bit and was cut very low in front for bbl clearance. The gun rode so high and loose in the holster that it wouldn't be of any other use than fast draw, the cylinder had to be able to turn freely in the holster. This was in the late '80s. If you can find a pattern, I would appreciate seeing what they are doing now.

Art

I am looking for a pattern, or a source for a pattern, for a CFDA compliant holster. I've done several that are adequate but I'd like to improve upon them. Any information would be welcome and most sincerely appreciated.

Lets see....

Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance

Council of Fashion Designers of America

Cowboy Fast Draw Association

California Funeral Directors Association

Chicago Furniture Designers Association

Colorado Funeral Directors Association

Connecticut Funeral Directors Association

Carboxyfluorescein Diacetate

Assuming Cowboy Fast Draw, I have never seen a pattern published. The best I can think is to get one and learn from there. I've done a couple many years ago, but all I did was make a high rider with TG exposed and lined with tin, the holster was canted rearward a bit and was cut very low in front for bbl clearance. The gun rode so high and loose in the holster that it wouldn't be of any other use than fast draw, the cylinder had to be able to turn freely in the holster. This was in the late '80s. If you can find a pattern, I would appreciate seeing what they are doing now.

Art

Art,

Yes on the Cowboy Fast Draw. I assumed that anone who didn't recognize the acronym couldn't help me. I have a couple and I've made a couple. I was just looking for an existing pattern to correct some things I want to change. Today a lot is the same but a lot is different as well. The cylinder needs to turn freely, The trigger guard must rest on on the holster naturally. Both the Trigger and hammer are cut low and the center is cut just to the top of the cylynder. The holsters today will cant forward rather than backward to max of 20 degrees. The use metal is not legal under CFDA rules. Most CFDA shooters are shooting the new ruger vaquero or a colt or colt clone in a 4 3/4 or 5 1/2'" barrel. Actually if you are interested the specific alowable design parameters and dimensions for th gunleather are found on the CFDA website and the registration is free. By the way, we have number things in common, I also do custom knives for a hobby. Thanks for the comments.

Before I join yet another site for a small bit of info.......

Do they still have the requirement for the deflector/shield (away from the leg) at the muzzle end of the holster?