SimonJester753

How Do I Tighten Chicago Screws?

I'm using Chicago screws to join 2 pieces of leather. I have the holes punched, put the screws in and start tightening with a screwdriver, but the back side just spins. I don't want to mar the finish on the screw. How do I keep it from spinning? The back side is smooth.

they make a real expensive tool for that, but you can use a piece of bike innertube or a big erasure- something rubber to hold the back as you screw it in. Use lock- tite too.

pete

I'm using Chicago screws to join 2 pieces of leather. I have the holes punched, put the screws in and start tightening with a screwdriver, but the back side just spins. I don't want to mar the finish on the screw. How do I keep it from spinning? The back side is smooth.

Thanks!

If you are going to do a lot of them, I like the JP tack tool. I have had one for a couple years and use it quite a bit. It makes getting a old one out easier for me, and the price is pretty good. There are some out there that cost more, but this one hasn't marked up leather has got them all out so far for me. Here's a link - JP Tack Tool

If you are going to do a lot of them, I like the JP tack tool. I have had one for a couple years and use it quite a bit. It makes getting a old one out easier for me, and the price is pretty good. There are some out there that cost more, but this one hasn't marked up leather has got them all out so far for me. Here's a link - JP Tack Tool

Looks like I might need it. I put it together with red loctite and now I want to change something and I can't get it apart.