mntnbkr1968

Clicking Thumbnails

Ok maybe this is a noob question but here goes....

Why can't I view a larger image when I click a thumbnail? Nothing happens, nada, zip, zero. Can't right-click and get the normal options pull down either.

I am a forum junkie (sorry it took me so long to get here) and this doesn't happen on any of the others I belong to..

So what, very obvious, thing am I forgetting or overlooking here? please tell me, please, please

tyia

Monty

Sounds like your browser doesn't like the lightbox style image handling.

What browser version you using? And what's your connection speed like? I know IE 8 has some issues with some lightbox 2 scripts and sometimes slow connections on large images cause problems with them opening.

Left and right click do the same thing on a lightbox thumbnail - cause it to open, which is why nothing happens when you right click it as well.

Perhaps update or test it out with a different browser to see.

Well there ya go...

For some reason Firefox is having problems but IE and Chrome are fine.

I looked all over Firefox support site and found nothing to address the problem so I guess out the window it goes!!!

Thanks for the advise, now I can see all the purdy stuff here!!

thanks again

Monty

If Firefox is your browser of choice I would uninstall it fully and then get the most up to date version.

It could be an add-on having a problem or something along those lines. I use Firefox 3.6.12 with very few add-ons and have no problems with lightbox image galleries.

check and see if you're using "no-script". I had all kinds of problems and started removing add-ons to find the issue. Silly me, I TOLD the computer to stop the images.....now wonder it wouldn't show anything!!!

I was going to suggest trimming your thumbnails if you had a problem with them clicking :rolleyes:

I run Firefox with Ubuntu (LInux), and have no problems.