Jovial

Oh Man! Just Got My First True Machine!

Hey everyone! I am so excited right now. I was cruising craigslist the yesterday morning over my coffee and ran into a Consew 206RB-1 for sale for $600. I called the guy up and it turned out to be one of my old buddies from years ago who runs some repair/resale shops.

Suffice to say I scrounged up the money for the machine and went to check it out and buy it after talking to him for awhile. When I got to his shop today to give it a test drive and pay for it, I got another surprise. My buddy wound up changing out the clutch motor for a 3/4 HP Servo and got together 7 high capacity bobbins and 8 packs of different sized leather needles.

Holy pay day, eh?

Well I'm off to go play with my new baby.

Edit: Any suggestions on fun things to do now that I have a machine? I'm looking at making some small cuffs for a friends commission at the moment.

Edited by Jovial

Hey everyone! I am so excited right now. I was cruising craigslist the yesterday morning over my coffee and ran into a Consew 206RB-1 for sale for $600. I called the guy up and it turned out to be one of my old buddies from years ago who runs some repair/resale shops.

Suffice to say I scrounged up the money for the machine and went to check it out and buy it after talking to him for awhile. When I got to his shop today to give it a test drive and pay for it, I got another surprise. My buddy wound up changing out the clutch motor for a 3/4 HP Servo and got together 7 high capacity bobbins and 8 packs of different sized leather needles.

Holy pay day, eh?

Well I'm off to go play with my new baby.

Edit: Any suggestions on fun things to do now that I have a machine? I'm looking at making some small cuffs for a friends commission at the moment.

Man congrats!! Whish I had that kinda luck and friend.

First thing to do is order a manual for it. While that's in shipping, dig out all your scraps and start sewing them together. When the manual arrives, you can look up all the little hiccups you ran into on the practice pieces and know how to fix them.

congrats on the new machine! practice, practice, and practice some more.

you may find this needle/thread compatibility chart useful: http://raphaelsewing.com/blog/?p=11

and here's a video on how to thread your machine:

enjoy!

Ron

Edited by Ronnie

First thing to do is order a manual for it. While that's in shipping, dig out all your scraps and start sewing them together. When the manual arrives, you can look up all the little hiccups you ran into on the practice pieces and know how to fix them.

Haha, actually he also gave me the original owners manual for it because he figured the digital copy I had may not have been good enough. Thanks for the chart and video Ronnie!