emr454

Hello Everyone!

Hello, my name is Eric and I just joined the forum today. I made my first leather holster yesterday, and like everything I do, I am now "reading the directions" (so to speak) after assembly:)

Anyway, the main reason for joining the forum was to gain information and advice on making leather holsters. I like quality made products just as much as the next guy, but I am a do-it-yourselfer and like to save money if I can.

Luckily, there is a Tandy Leather Factory outlet about 45 minutes away, and I went and picked up a half shoulder today for $19. I am in the process of making a pancake holster for my Taurus 85 and I'll post pics when it's finished.

Here's my pocket holster:

picturezq.jpg

It was made from some leather that was "re-purposed" as you can tell, and it has its previous stitch holes and what not. It sure aint pretty, but so far it works well!

I look forward to many more holsters in the future. I think I am really going to enjoy this new hobby!

Eric

Edited by emr454

Welcome, Looks like your doing some recycleing on your holster. Good thing to do. You can try out your pattern and if ever thing works and then make one of you new leather.

Eric, welcome to LW.net. There are plenty of folks here that share your enthusiasm for making holsters, and I'm sure would be glad to answer questions. Welcome aboard!

Hello and welcome to the forum Eric. Greetings:grouphug5vj5: Thats right.......... this is the place for all your leather work, here at LW:blahblahblah:

Welcome aboard.

Ken

Welcome. I just joined as well. I noticed you have a PF9. If your interested. I have a couple of In the waist band patterens for that pistol. I would be glad to scan them and email them to you if you would like to try and build one of them. Good luck on your projects.

Welcome to the forum and greetings from Central Texas!