I dyed some test pieces of leather with the different Angelus blacks. They looked similar, but I decided on the Jet Black. I did some test pieces with the Fiebings USMC black. And noticed it had a deeper black than the Angelus. It almost made it look like the Angelus didn't absorb as far into the leather. The USCM black looks like it has a redish tint, and it stiffened up the leather. Then I tried Fiebings Pro Oil black, and I like it the best. It has more of a straight deep black compared to the USMC and Angelus blacks. Didn't stiffen up the leather like the USMC black did. And was the easiest to buff. Below is a pic of some test pieces that are unbuffed. You can tell the Pro Oil black doesn't look like there is alot of pigment left on top compared to the USMC and Angelus Jet Black. I started with Fiebings Dye Prep. Then put on 2 coats of dye and took the pic after they dried without buffing.

From Left to Right: Fiebings Pro Oil Black, Fiebings USMC Black, Angelus Jet Black:

blackdyeunbuffed.png

Next I plan on testing out some different acrylic sealers. Angelus Matte and Satin looks the same, shiny. I've got some Fiebings Resolene to try. But I would like more of a Matte/Satin type sealer.

Edited by jasonsmith