Eylem Cengiz

Hello From Istanbul

Hello. I am Eylem Cengiz. I am a hobbyist knife maker from Istanbul. Thanks to knife making, I am getting familiar with both leather crafting and making leather crafting tools.

This is a knife sheath I have made.

kilif_10102010939.jpg

I hope you like it.

Welcome Eylem!

Thanks for showing your work to us. You'll find lots of people sharing the same interests here. I always enjoy seeing a well made knife, too. I look forward to seeing those, as well.

Welcome to the group. You may also want to check out www.iforgeiron.com for some knife ideas. I am a member of that blacksmithing forum myself.

Welcome to the forum Eylem and greetings from Central Texas, USA. Thanks for sharing your picture!

Happy New Year!

Eylem,

I will have to check that out more sometime. Is there a way to bring the forum names up in English? One thing I found funny, is even in Turkey you have the :specool: faces too.

Eylem,

I will have to check that out more sometime. Is there a way to bring the forum names up in English? One thing I found funny, is even in Turkey you have the :specool: faces too.

You can use the google translation of the forum. Unfortunately the translation is awful. Even people names are translated to English. :(

This is the link for translation.

Our history with the smileys started with the old days of e-mail. You know, ye olde ASCII only days. ;) Culture is not so diverse through the world. The "frybread" of Native Americans is called "kolac" at my hometown (or "lokma", "gödek" * ) and I couldn't resist it when I was a child. :yes:

Edited by Eylem Cengiz

Merhaba Eylem and most Welcome to this friendly place on the net.

I will try the translater on your other forum but I do enjoy the pictures. I have been to Turkey a few times and always had a super nice time, friendly people, warm weather and delicious food :-)

Welcome to the forum. I got into leather like you, through knifemaking. I wasn't aware that knifemaking was such a big thing in Turkey. I've corresponded with Emre Kipmen a little on Bladeforums, and he seems like a nice guy.

Welcome to the forum. I got into leather like you, through knifemaking. I wasn't aware that knifemaking was such a big thing in Turkey. I've corresponded with Emre Kipmen a little on Bladeforums, and he seems like a nice guy.

Well, I think I like Internet forums. Our local forum is one year old and we have more than 350 members. I guess this population started increasing exponentially. The more we post the easier google points us.

Emre is a great guy. Friendly and hardworking.