cre8vmynd

Singer 236G120

I've found a Singer 236G120 on a popular auction site and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this old post machine. The seller says it works and is from an old shoe factory.

Any thoughts on what would be a good price (head being sold only) for it ? I am sure parts could be "tricky" to come by and am taking that into consideration as well.

Thanks all!

Casey

The 239g120 has a powered roller foot & roller feed for fancy stitching in shoes & purses & etc,it makes from 8-32 stitches pr in,uses 46,69,92 thread.

prices I'd say $2-300.00,most parts are still available for it.

Hi Casey,

This is a popular machine with shoemakers, used for closing uppers and can do some decorative work on 9oz and down. The bottom roller feed and the top roller presser are both driven, top by belt and bottom by shaft; some folks take the top belt off if they don't want it driven or break it. Top and bottom shafts are linked by cog belt. I love the art deco locomotive head. It is not a Heavy leather machine most often threaded with 46 or 69. The only machine remarkably better is the Pfaff 491, but you will pay more for one of those. Needle system is 128x6 I think, size 14 - 18.

Art

I've found a Singer 236G120 on a popular auction site and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this old post machine. The seller says it works and is from an old shoe factory.

Any thoughts on what would be a good price (head being sold only) for it ? I am sure parts could be "tricky" to come by and am taking that into consideration as well.

Thanks all!

Casey

Hi Casey,

This is a popular machine with shoemakers, used for closing uppers and can do some decorative work on 9oz and down. The bottom roller feed and the top roller presser are both driven, top by belt and bottom by shaft; some folks take the top belt off if they don't want it driven or break it. Top and bottom shafts are linked by cog belt. I love the art deco locomotive head. It is not a Heavy leather machine most often threaded with 46 or 69. The only machine remarkably better is the Pfaff 491, but you will pay more for one of those. Needle system is 128x6 I think, size 14 - 18.

Art

Thanks for your input as well Art!

Casey