Sign in to follow this  
Shooter McGavin

Shark Belly From Springfield Leather

Ordered one of the 10 dollar shark bellies from Springfield. Used it on a holster set and it came out pretty nice. Just in case anyone was debating ordering some, my opinion is go for it!

th_mpsharkmag-1.jpg th_mpsharkmag-2.jpg th_mpsharkmag-3.jpg th_mpsharkmag-4.jpg th_mpsharkmag-5.jpg

th_mpsharkset1.jpg th_mpsharkgun-3.jpg th_mpsharkgun-1.jpg th_mpsharkgun-2.jpg th_IMG_2026Medium.jpg

That is cool. That's just decorative, right, not structural?

How big is the piece? Your gear looks great - that shark really adds a beautiful contrast.

Yes its pretty thin but also very tough. I was worried that the mag holder wouldnt stretch enough when I wet it all up. It has a texture like sandpaper and would be a great addition to an IWB rig.

The piece I received was maybe 2 feet long and 6 inches wide. I could easily do 4 sets like you see here.

It comes in brown but takes dye nicely.

Shooter that looks really nice, I like the classy look to it, it looks very high end. On the mag holders, are the mouths rigid like wet formed leather or are they soft and supple, I see a nice matching wallet with that rig in the future . Again looks awesome

Ben

Ordered one of the 10 dollar shark bellies from Springfield. Used it on a holster set and it came out pretty nice. Just in case anyone was debating ordering some, my opinion is go for it!

th_mpsharkmag-1.jpg th_mpsharkmag-2.jpg th_mpsharkmag-3.jpg th_mpsharkmag-4.jpg th_mpsharkmag-5.jpg

th_mpsharkset1.jpg th_mpsharkgun-3.jpg th_mpsharkgun-1.jpg th_mpsharkgun-2.jpg th_IMG_2026Medium.jpg

Where did you get it, I placed an order for some stuff and they did not know about it?

Thanks Rick

Ya I dont see it online either, I had to call and ask. They seem to have a lot of oddities that arent online or in their catalog.

I dug up my old invoice and the part number for the "shark strip" is 144-103.

Hope this helps!

bitone40: The mag carrier is wet formed and very rigid. I used 8-9oz leather which is overkill but all I had. You could stand on it I think and not collapse the opening lol.