roanypony

Leather Lessons In Az?

Hello,

I'm looking to find someone that would be interested in giving me tooling/carving lessons in leather. Also, I'm interested in making horse gear, purses, that type of thing. I wondered if there is anyone on here that lives NW Valley of Phoenix, Az that would be interested in giving lessons. I live in Wittmann and could do at my house, or could travel a short distance if someone was interested. I have lots of leather tools and now have a sewing machine and a foot press, just don't know what to do with all of it! Any help would be appreciated.

Malary

Yippee Ki-Yah Creations

www.ykycreations.com

You might check out the Tandy Leather at 28th Avenue and Bell Road. They are hidden in the very back of the shopping center. The staff there was really helpfull when I was getting back into leatherworking. They had classes and were willing to show you all kinds of stuff.

There is a leather show coming up near you sponsored by the Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal. You can find more information on it by going to their website. The show will be held in Wickenburg from February 17 to the 19 with a few of the classes beginning as early as the 14th. There will be classes on many different types of leather work and quite a few vendors.

You might check out the Tandy Leather at 28th Avenue and Bell Road. They are hidden in the very back of the shopping center. The staff there was really helpfull when I was getting back into leatherworking. They had classes and were willing to show you all kinds of stuff.

I have given that some thought also. Thanks for the suggestion!

There is a leather show coming up near you sponsored by the Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal. You can find more information on it by going to their website. The show will be held in Wickenburg from February 17 to the 19 with a few of the classes beginning as early as the 14th. There will be classes on many different types of leather work and quite a few vendors.

Thanks! Yes, it's only about twenty minutes from me, I have signed up for the Braiding class. I wish all these great teachers were here year round so I could take all the classes! I would love to take several classes at the show, but unfortunately can't afford it right now. I'm so glad they have this show every year near me to be able to take a class or two and continue learning.

You might check out the Tandy Leather at 28th Avenue and Bell Road. They are hidden in the very back of the shopping center.

That store has moved a few miles to 35th Ave and Greenway. (NE corner)

Thats not where I left it. :) Its been a few years since I escaped the Valley.

Oh yes, I have been there a couple times. Thank you! I have to admit, my favorite store is the one on 19th ave. However, I don't think I would want to drive clear from my house to do lessons on a Saturday to that location. Lol.