Has anyone used a Kydex liner in their holsters. I have been using sheet metal but this Kydex looks interesting. The problem is can you cover it with leather then form it?? Appreciate any feed back

I have been wondering the same thing. I own a cowboy rig by Kirkpatrick leather that has kydex sandwiched between two layers of leather. I cant imagine a heat gun was used to soften the Kydex after the layers were sewn. I would thing the heat would scorch the leather. Only thing I could think is it was dipped in nearly boiling water prior to forming. I'm interested as well to see if anyone knows the process.

It would depend a lot on the thickness of the kydex and especially the type of leather used. As far as construction methods, I have successfully made a kydex mouth band and inserted it into a holster by sewing 3 sides of the band before installation. If using a cylinder arm machine, it shouldn't be too hard to mold the kydex, insert, and close the layers, then do the final stitching on the edge of the holster to close the whole thing.

Has anyone used a Kydex liner in their holsters. I have been using sheet metal but this Kydex looks interesting. The problem is can you cover it with leather then form it?? Appreciate any feed back

I use two layers of Kydex. Take the top layer and wire brush the back. Put both layers on the product ,wire brush piece on top, heat and form. Let cool. Take the top layer and add cement to it and your liner.first piece is for the thickness of the liner. I use Deer Skin or pig skin. Works for me. Take the other kydex sheat and reheat it till it turns flat so you can reused it. Remember, the longer you let the cement cure the stronger it will be. Makes a nice quiet holster. Hope this helps. Dennis