Sign in to follow this  
watersnake

Bevellers

When do figure craving is it better to use a small or a big beveller

When I use bevellers I have 5 that always comes out of the tool stand.

The two smallest ones in a serie.

A big broad one for all those pesky long straight lines.

I then have two pointed bevellers, one original and one that I have modified to a smaller size (around half of the original size).

With this bunt I can bevell any pattern. I hope this gives you some inspiration//Tina

Use the largest beveler you can. This reduces the number of impressions you have to make and allows you to cover more area more quickly. You'll accumulate several bevelers, mostly in different sizes, and you'll probably get a few duplicates as well. As Tina said above, modifying a beveler (or any tool) is kinda common. That doesn't mean that you HAVE to make your own tools, but many people will grind/polish a tool to get a specific impression. That is why there is such a diverse sampling of work- LOTS of custom tools!

Use the largest beveler you can. This reduces the number of impressions you have to make and allows you to cover more area more quickly. You'll accumulate several bevelers, mostly in different sizes, and you'll probably get a few duplicates as well. As Tina said above, modifying a beveler (or any tool) is kinda common. That doesn't mean that you HAVE to make your own tools, but many people will grind/polish a tool to get a specific impression. That is why there is such a diverse sampling of work- LOTS of custom tools!

Thank you both for those great comments

Im trying to do my own stamps.

If you post some photos of the most used bevelers will be a great help for me.

Thanks !!!!