Been doing a couple of new ideas thats been in the back of my mind for a while, coffin coin purses, so the other weekend I put I couple together.

The first one is just a simple coin purse in the shape of a coffin, just the one compartment. That turned out ok so thought I would go a little flasher and try out some other things and use some of my other bit of leather I've got.

The second one is a little bit bigger and you can slip a card or two up the end of it, it has a cross cut into it with red ostrich leg leather inlaid into it, then the inside of the purse is lined with red lamb skin leather.

They both turned out well I thought so am thinking of going bigger and making a one with a couple of compartments for money, a better card slot etc, then I might move onto a shoulder bag or something.

post-13845-007019500 1299369621_thumb.jp

post-13845-038189300 1299369694_thumb.jp

They look pretty cool... Thanks for sharing!

Googling coffin purse will pull up a few different styles that may help you with designs.

They're sweet as. I'd add a little gusset piece in the side so it would open up to allow more coins. The cross looks so good. I'd like to see different varieties of coffins (like the ones that have two 'lids').