Sign in to follow this  
CWR

Different Kind Of Swell Cover

I just took off a swell cover that a boy brought me to recover. I have never seen one like it. Hoped some of you might shed some light on it for me. The cover was actually three pieces. The ends of the swells were each covered with one piece of leather that was blind stitched instead of welted. These went from the bottom of the swell half way to the horn and tacked to the tree with number three tacks. Then the third piece had the horn hole and extended over the tack line of the other two pieces.

I am replacing it with a traditional welted cover. The reason he brought it to me was because a colt had hung it under a hitch rack and one of the end covers got ripped out. The whole saddle is a puzzle to me. Some of it is very impressive. The jockeys are one piece and really fit nice and tight and it is a seat rig that is done pretty nice. But then there are things that just make me shake my head.

Just wondering if any of you have seen anything like this before?

Thanks,

CW

Pictures???

Randy,

My wife is out of town with the camera. I wish I would have gotten some.

CW