When making snap belt loops for an IWB holster, how do you determine spacing for snaps?

Example: If i want loops for1.5" belt, would the spacing be 3" from edge of snap to snap? 2" belt would be 4" respectively.

Measurement from the snap to the fold should match the belt. Remember to add the thickness of the belt to the measurement. Just to allow for the leather thickness and the fold, belt thickness, and odd variables (like the belt not being an exact 1.5, or 2 inches) I usually add an extra 1/4 inch. When folded, that extra 1/8th inch isn't noticable and may save the loop strap from the scrap bin.

You want to give yourself a bit more room than that. There needs to be a bit of play to account for the thickness of the leather and the thickness of the belt. For 1.5" belts, I make my snaps 4.5" from the center of each snap.

Unfortunately, it takes a little trial and error to get the right measurements on your patterns. I hope this helps.

Get a belt of the desired thickness, or cut a few different straps to simulate various sized belts.... then just use those as a reference when determining where to set your snaps, etc.