Hi guys,

I have problem to apply paraffin on the edge.

How do you guys apply paraffin on the edge while burnishing the edges?

Thanks!

Chris

Shape, smooth, and burnish the edge. Apply dye to the edge. Rub with block of paraffin to get a small build up, then heat to melt the wax. Repeat if needed.

Thanks, TwinOaks.

I tried to rub it directly to the edge before but did not work out.

The paraffin I have is kind of hard so I couldn't do it equally.

And while I heat to melt the paraffin, there were some black coming out.

The result were awful...

Chris

I used to wax the edges, but I had the same problem with color bleeding. Since I switched to Bob Park's method (see the edging tutorial by Hidepounder) I haven't had any issues. It really is that much better.

I generally trim my edges and use the edger. Then I dye the edges. I take my cocobo edger I made and go over it till its nice and smooth and real shiny. Then apply my edging wax which is a 50 50 of parafin and bees wax. Then I take my canvas piece and burnish till the wax melts into the edges. Works good for me and last a long time.

Thank you guys. I rubbed paraffin to the edge yesterday and used the hair dryer to heat to melt then burnished. I worked well in the end.

Thank you so much for your inputs. - Chris

Hi guys,

I have problem to apply paraffin on the edge.

How do you guys apply paraffin on the edge while burnishing the edges?

Thanks!

Chris

Today i went to a drugstore and asked for paraffin, expecting to get some kind of block or bar, but the lady

told me that they only have liquid paraffin. I bought a small bottle to try it.

Is this the same stuff you guys are talking about? Wouldnt liquid paraffin be much easier to apply?

Cheers

Schpacko here in the states you generally buy paraffin at the grocery. It comes 4 pieces to a box and it is a block shape. I bet the grocery stores have it where you live. Look where they keep the canning jars that are used for storeing food.

Not to highjack this thread but I think it might apply. We have been using Fiebings burnishing wax - black (it comes in a 1# block) & rubbing it on the edges after we apply the edge dye, then burnish. Then we apply a sealer, Resolene and let dry. We've been doing this for several years without any problems.

We have started to get some complaints that the edges (black) is transfering to clothing.

My question and I hope it helps others, is: Will the Resolene seal the edges after using the Fiebings burnishing wax ?

Schpacko here in the states you generally buy paraffin at the grocery. It comes 4 pieces to a box and it is a block shape. I bet the grocery stores have it where you live. Look where they keep the canning jars that are used for storeing food.