Sign in to follow this  
Fiddlegirl89

Source For Kangaroo Lace

Right now I'm getting kangaroo lace from Springfield Leather, but I really need another source as well. Sometimes Springfield is out of what I need, and I need to be sure to have all the leather I need all the time. I'm making pretty large orders, and it's already been a problem to get what I need. So, does anyone know of other sources? I know a lot of folks here cut their own lace, but I'm going to stick with pre-cut for a while.

Thanks!

I know you said you were looking for precut lace but if you decide to cut your own, I would recommend Hardtke in Texas. charleshardtke.com The drumstuffed colored hides have been excellent and have not had to split any strings I've used for nosebuttons and heelknots on small Bosals. I've only bought Roo so don't know about the others. Hope this helps. Brad

You could try these folks.

Amazing Lace

They sell by the spool or by the meter in quite a few different colors and sizes. Only thing is they don't bevel the edges on their lace. I don't know if it stretched before they cut it either.

I sell lace. But not in very large quantities. I have, right now only a few colors available.

• Black
  • Whiskey Tan - 1 @ 75ft
  • Saddle Tan
  • Blue

I prepare my lace in this fashion;
  1. Rough cut the lace @ 3/8in wide.
  2. Stretch the 3/8in wide lace for the whole length of 75ft.
  3. Bevel to what width needed.
  4. I split the lace as needed for consistency.

My lace is however not as cheap in price as the above folks. But you're getting quality cut lace. I can not do volume cutting.

You can find my eMall at this link; KHWW eMall ... If you need any help, just email me or PM me here on LW.

B...

try y-knot lace....just google it...they sell alot of colors

www.u-braid.com..............I have seen their website, but I have no experience with them.

I usually go to the source (Australia)

Packer (the major tannery) recently had a sale on that made the lace cheaper than what you could get here in the U.S. - Shipping included.

Another source is Murphy Whips in Australia. Just Google them for their stores.

G'luck

I usually go to the source (Australia)

Packer (the major tannery) recently had a sale on that made the lace cheaper than what you could get here in the U.S. - Shipping included.

Another source is Murphy Whips in Australia. Just Google them for their stores.

G'luck

Spence you are on the ball !!! packers have the best hides that i have used so far and i know Fiddle dont wont to go that way yet but cut your own and you will allways have the lace you want and as cheap as you can get !!! when i want a certian size to cover a nose button or a heel knot , i just cut it to the size i need , no gap no prob !!and it is much cheaper

cheers

Bevan

ps , i sell a cutter / beveller that i use on roo hides

bwrwhips.com

Edited by Bevan

Thanks so much, y'all! This has really been a big help! Maybe one day I'll get around to cutting my own lace...but in the meantime, y-knot looks like a great place!

I get my Roo from www.midwestwhips.com Paul Nolan and Lauren Wickline. They have been great help in answering questions and I tell them what I plan on trying to make with the hide and they send what they feel will work best.

Oh ya P. S. I have one of Bevans cutter/beveler and it works great. Now I just need to use the tool correctly, and learn how to braid and I'll be having fun. :thumbsup:

When I buy pre-cut roo lace I go to Barb at Y-Knot Lace. By the way, she is supplying the lace for my "Begining Leather Braiding" class is Sheridan in May.

When I cut my own lace I get the roo hides from Midwest Whips. Paul is a wealth of information and fair on prices. I cut my lace with a Dene Williams strander and after stretching it, I use Beven's tool to cut to size and bevel. I also admit that I need to learn the best way to use his beveler but that is another story.

Thanks so much, y'all! This has really been a big help! Maybe one day I'll get around to cutting my own lace...but in the meantime, y-knot looks like a great place!