Sign in to follow this  
Eewheh

Greetings From France/africa

Hello all, been browsing around here for close on a year and am humbled (maybe intimidated) by the work you guys do.

I am from Africa, a sort of self taught very amateur wannabe leatherworker. This is a wonderful site and I have spent hours looking around a have learned so much already. Folks are all pretty friendly too which is very nice.

I travel a lot so not as regular as I would like, my interests are making whatever I need or think up. Usually something practical, do repairs for friends, so not a pro. Also like to make the odd presents as I am not good at shopping (except maybe in Hardware stores or Tandys). Been dabbling in leatherwork on and off for several years now, but as I get older would like to spend a lot more learning the craft of leatherwork. After browsing around here for a while, my interest has doubled and I now have so many ideas from you all, probably have to live to a hundred to do half of what I have in mind.

Great place to be, I think I am going to enjoy being here. You certainly have all been an inspiration!

Thank you all

Andy

Welcome to LW.net, Andy. Glad to have you here. I would think in your travels you would see leatherwork from different cultures that most of us don't get get a chance to see. If so, take pictures and post them for us. We're curious!

Thanks for the welcome Denise, and it is nice to be here, so much good advice and friendly folks....never going to get any work done will I?

I will most certainly keep my eyes peeled for leatherwork from African countries I visit. Damn...now where did I put my camera?...oh ho... just thought of another project...camera case. Right, once I have found my camera I will do the necessary. Am off in a weeks time for 6 weeks so hopefully I will have something interesting to show when I get back.