Sign in to follow this  
TwinOaks

Snubbie holster

Here's pics of a hoster for a Rossi 6 shot snubbie. Owner came to me because he couldn't find a holster in his gun shop (as in he runs the gun store) for a 6 shot cylinder. More orders pending!!!

Holster is spirit dye black, but b/c of rub off, I needed a good finish, so I used the Fiebing's black edge cote (with applicator) on the flats and back, and super sheen on the molded portions.

resized1.JPGresized2.JPGresized3.JPG

post-5374-1211806735_thumb.jpg

post-5374-1211806753_thumb.jpg

post-5374-1211806774_thumb.jpg

I usually use two coats of Super or Satin Sheen both inside and out side of the my holsters. Haven't hand any complaints of rub off doing it this way. Try it on a scrap piece and see if it works for you.

John

John had a good suggestion.

I use Fiebings Resolene cut 50-50 with water and then dip it to cover inside and out. First buff off any extra black dye from the holster.

Edited by Srigs

This one was made while the vinegaroon was 'brewing'. Since I made it, and due to the exceptional results, I'll only be using it for anything needing a black finish. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll put them to use with the other colored projects on which I'm working.