Sign in to follow this  
spyke01

Creating A Belt Pouch

Hi Guys,

I need some input on the best way to join these two pouch section, I want to be able to allow the pouch to expand outwards by 2 inches but because of the rounded corners I'm not sure of the best way to do this. Any thoughts on the best way to do this? The picture of the pouch (sorry for the small size)is what I am trying to recreate.

post-21383-056274700 1303865430_thumb.jp

post-21383-082082900 1303865436_thumb.jp

Cut a piece 2 1/2 inches wide by a couple of inches longer. Glue it to your front first and then the back or you can start with the front piece if you want. You may need to hold it with some spring clamps and you may need to put a piece in between the claps so you don't mark your pouch pieces and sew the gusset in. Leave a little extra on both ends and cut off extra when your done. That's how i do them anyway.

Cut a piece 2 1/2 inches wide by a couple of inches longer. Glue it to your front first and then the back or you can start with the front piece if you want. You may need to hold it with some spring clamps and you may need to put a piece in between the claps so you don't mark your pouch pieces and sew the gusset in. Leave a little extra on both ends and cut off extra when your done. That's how i do them anyway.

Thanks, I was afraid i'd have to cut the strip to fit the round somehow.

If you use a contact cement like barge or masters put a 1/4 or so line on both pieces and let it get tacky and start attaching the gusset it should stick fine. But if it doesn't then use the spring clamps. I just looked at the box and their called binder clips. You get most anyplace that sells office stuff.

Thanks, What type of leather could I use that would be thin enough to finish off the edges like in the image and here (don't want it to look as cheap though):

1453_3_.jpg