Sign in to follow this  
glockanator

Glock Holster Question

Good Morning-

I am fairly new to the forum as well as leather work in general. I have made a couple of sheaths for some knives but that is about it. I am wanting to make a holster that will accomadate a tac lite when it is attached to my glock. I have tried to make several patterns but the top (side on the outside) never comes out right.

I was hoping that someone could give me afew pointers or even a pattern? I have been going through all the old threads and have learned a lot but still not what I am looking for.

Thanks

Good Morning-

I am fairly new to the forum as well as leather work in general. I have made a couple of sheaths for some knives but that is about it. I am wanting to make a holster that will accomadate a tac lite when it is attached to my glock. I have tried to make several patterns but the top (side on the outside) never comes out right.

I was hoping that someone could give me afew pointers or even a pattern? I have been going through all the old threads and have learned a lot but still not what I am looking for.

Thanks

I made an Avenger style holster for my G22 with a M6 attached. I didn't make a pattern, I just cut a square of leather oversized, folded it in half and wet molded it to the weapon/light combo After it dried I opened it up and stiched the mouth/belt loop piece on, glued and stiched around the triggerguard, then trimmed the excess leather off and stiched the edge. I took the long way around doing it, but I wasn't really sure of how to make a pattern for that style.

Basically a leather "bucket" with a belt slot and a thumb break... That's about all I could come up with.

post-13450-044142200 1304543096_thumb.jp

post-13450-040211200 1304543108_thumb.jp

Mine is almost identical to that, minus the thumb break.